Take the hint?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by davejenkins, Sep 20, 2010.

1. davejenkins

davejenkins Member

If your MD advertises your seat, is it time to take the hint and move on?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    MD
    seat
    hint
  3. Vegasbound

Vegasbound Active Member

4. Simes

Simes Supporting Member

Or just start practising more? Or else, try a new brand of deoderant!:sup

5. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

Are you talking about yourself?

i'd say it is time that you talk to the MD about it and ask him why your seat is being advertised and if there is anything that can be done about it (rehearse/practice more? move to another seat? ...)

6. floppymute

floppymute Member

I think if the MD advertises anyone's seat without talking to the player in question first it's time for the MD to move on!

7. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

Why would the MD advertise any seat?

Surely it is for the band (with the advice of the MD) to decide what seats (or MD position) should be advertised?

8. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Maybe, but you could argue that a player posting a thread like this one is almost as bad. Communicate guys! Its amazing what can be achieved by having a conversation with someone :rolleyes:

9. euphojim

euphojim Member

I agree 100% provided that the player has not been missing rehearsals/ engagements without good reason or the courtesy of an explanation. Unfortunately some MDs do not seem to understand the basics of personnel management.

10. flugtastic

flugtastic Member

depends what part your playing, could it be possible that you sit on 2nd cornet and he thought you were playing 3rd cornet? or something similar?

11. Beesa

Beesa Member

I have been in bands where the MD thanks they are god. And runs the band more or less lock stock and barrel. Control and all that.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    MD
    seat
    hint
  13. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

If my MD did that. I would not bother going back to that band and if they wanted the uniform etc. They'd have to come and get it.

14. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

:clap: +1 in both cases

15. The Wherryman

The Wherryman Active Member

Dave, I've included your very first post on this forum (back in March this year) as it appears to me that you (presuming you are talking about yourself) are very unhappy in your current position. Perhaps, as I, and others, have suggested, you need to speak to your MD or others in your band.

I think it would be most unusual for an MD to be in a position to advertise for players without reference to the band committee and/or members. Are you being totally frank with us, or was this simply a rhetorical question?

16. P_S_Price

P_S_Price Member

Mt Bandmaster promisde me that I was only being promoted to Euph (from Baritone) until somebody else came along who could play it.

Several years later still there, and bought me own as the Bands Euph was dilapidated.

Still waiting to be replaced and returned to ?????? (Usually wherever the Gap is)/

17. cshimmon

cshimmon Member

I'll swap you! You come to Boston and play bari and I'll come and play Euph for you! Oh if only...!

18. P_S_Price

P_S_Price Member

Actually as a Kid I was in Boston SA YP Band circa 69/70 I think it was. But I was on cornet then and pretty rubbish.

19. cshimmon

cshimmon Member

I know, we've changed a bit but you'll obviously know loads of people I know!

20. Agreed :clap: