Take that tickets

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by euphfanhan, Mar 2, 2007.

1. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

A couple of my friends tried to buy tickets for the Take That tour this morning, the tickets went on sale at 9am...at 9.05 they were sold out! Just looked on ebay and prices are ranging from £600 for 2, to £99,999 for 4 - with 10 hours of bidding time left! How can people get away with that?? And how can people afford to pay so much for one night? Complete madness!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    tour
    Take That
    people
    madness
    friends
  3. glitzy

glitzy Member

....that is mad!..I got 3 at 11.20 this morning for 17th dec...suppose it depends who you buy them through. Most annoying thing was having to listen to 'never forget' 20 times before getting to speak to someone...! I

4. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

Ah, my mates did try phoning for tickets, but as they were in the middle of a lesson, there was a limit for how long they could spend 'going to the toilet', so they had to try online. All 3 main websites crashed from being so busy and by the time they'd managed to select the amount of tickets they wanted, there weren't any left!

5. FlugelD

FlugelD Member

Yes, that sums it up... ;)

6. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

Haha! Yep I agree,but when I tried pointing out all the bum notes in 'Shine', I was attacked by several people trying to embed a combination of tic-tac's and polo's into my head :eek:

7. pemjo

pemjo New Member

I tried online and on the phone from 9.00 had had no joy at all. It really bugs me when people are just buying them to make a profit. I looked on Ebay and people were already selling them as soon as they had bought them and they were already up to £330 for 2 tickets with 6 hours to go.
    Really gutted!!!

8. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

My housemate woke me up trying to get take that tickets! She kept saying naughty words to her laptop! So I banged on the wall! Then about 5 minutes later started screaming! She got her tickets and now is trying to make us all jealous... it isn't working though... I could understand if Robbie was going to be in the band... but its not Take That without Robbie!

She's also wishing she'd bought a couple more tickets and sold them on ebay!

9. Bungle

Bungle Member

No doubt someone will come out with an arrangement of Take Thats' greatest hits for brass band, so we will all have to make do with that ;)

10. oooh my mum got tickets but she didn't get me one coz i would have moved to Cardiff by then!!! :rolleyes:
    although, i didn't particuarly want to go anyway!! Not the same without Robbie!!

11. langley_euph

langley_euph New Member

www.seetickets.com still has tickets! they add some every so often! I got some this morning!

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    tour
    Take That
    people
    madness
    friends
  13. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

My housemate sat online from 9am trying to get tickets on the friday and was unsucessful, and spent an hour trying to get through in the evening too without any luck.

apparently one of the kids in her A level physics class managed to get 6 tickets and has been rubbing it in ever since!!!

what I HATE is people selling tickets for a huge profit on ebay. Since the trend for buying as many tickets as possible and then selling them on there (purely for greed, rather than people who bought tickets and then cant go) its increasing, its becoming harder and harder to get tickets in the first place for major events.

V Festival is another one. I live ten minutes away from Hylands Park and managed to get easily get tickets every year (apart from 2005) since 1999. Except last year getting tickets was really difficult..... but there were hundreds of the blimming things on Ebay going for silly money days after they went on sale!

I like the new Glastonbury ticket system - just a shame we have to revert to that :(

14. andreww

andreww Member

think you'll find i got the tickets for mum! Took an hour on the phone, wish I'd bought extra and stuck em on ebay!