Sydney Staff Songsters

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by John Brooks, Apr 14, 2005.

1. John Brooks

John Brooks Well-Known Member

Just got home after a thoroughly enjoyable evening listening to the Sydney Staff Songsters in Kitchener.

They put on an excellent Concert of Praise with not a single sheet of music to be seen during the 2 hour program. This meant that the singers were able to focus on the audience as well as the conductor.

The SSS were great ambassadors for Australia.

Met up with fellow tMP'er Pegleg, although I never new him by that name. It was good to see you Jon and maybe we'll find out if any other tMP people were there too.
  2. pegleg

pegleg Member

Yes, it was a very good evening of Praise and Worship music :clap:. I too saw individual members of the group focusing on various members of the audience (but I am sure that the conductor's hands were still visible out of the corner of their eyes!)
    I sat probably even closer to Cujo_134 at Mountainview Citadel a few weeks ago but, unfortunately, I didn't know who he was until after I got home!
    Also, BTW, great picture of the tMP band at Hadleigh on the Gallery.
  3. cujo_134

cujo_134 Member

Either of you going to the CSB Anniversary concert on Saturday? I'm definitely there.
  4. pegleg

pegleg Member

Unfortunately, another weekend with several engagements at once...The Divisional Youth Band with Paul Stevenson and Julie Vaughan are at London Citadel, and in the other corner of the city is The Divisional Seniors Band in a program at Hillcrest for the re-opening.
    Have a good time with the CSB!
  5. cujo_134

cujo_134 Member

I will. A few friends are at the DYB concert in London, its too bad that everything gets grouped together like this. O well, at least there is stuff going on.