SWBBA Torquay November

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Matt the Baritone, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Hi all, who will be joining Lanner and District at November Torquay this year? :)
  2. euph77

euph77 Member

City of Bristol will be there in the 2nd section ;)
  3. MissBraz

MissBraz Member

Chalford Band 1st Section :)
  4. Cornishgal

Cornishgal Member

Porthleven Town will be there in the fourth :)
  5. Adamshorn

Adamshorn New Member

Michelmersh Silver Band will be there in the 1st Section.
  6. tinytim

tinytim New Member

Unfortunately not Weston Brass as we have availability problems that day. We will though be defending our 3rd section Leicestershire BBA title on 28 Nov.
  7. matt_BBb_bass

matt_BBb_bass Member

I know Mount charles youth band will be there... Since im playing with them and Lanner :D
  8. Nuh Bell

Nuh Bell New Member

Sidmouth will be making up the numbers in the third section!
  9. tubbytuba

tubbytuba Member

Camborne"B" will not be going,lot of players away leading up to and a busy concert programme. Good luck to all competeing bands
  10. Torbay Brass Band will be there and at the GBBA contest 21/11/10. Not bad considering we nearly folded 18 months ago!
  11. spiffy

spiffy New Member

aha! Matt Rowe lol
    Totnes Trainers will be there as well :)
  12. Paddy Flower

Paddy Flower Active Member

Any official word on the FULL line-up anyone? It's less than a fortnight away so surely it's been published somewhere (the league are champing at the bit)
  13. euph77

euph77 Member

There's a Press Release on the SWBBA website claiming 33 bands, but none mentioned :(
  14. tubbytuba

tubbytuba Member

Same hopeless lack of info from the SWBBA,you would think they could publish a confirmed line up by now!!! Adjudicators are Dennis Wilby and Derek Greenwood
  15. Paddy Flower

I've taken the unusual step of contacting the organisers directly, watch this space (hopefully)
  16. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

I'll be there - making up the numbers in the audience for a change! :)
  17. BryonySnell

BryonySnell Member

We'll be there in top top section!
  18. tubaminstrel

tubaminstrel Member

Any prices yet Paddy?
  19. Paddy Flower

I have had a reply from SWBBA this afternoon...

Good Afternoon
    Thank you for the email. I have spoken to the Association Officers regarding your general betting system on brass band contests and I am instructed to inform you the South West Brass Band Association does not wish to be associated and your request for the section line-up at our forthcoming Championships is rejected.

I think (and hope) this is just an unfortunate misunderstanding, I have replied re-assuring them that Paddy doesn't take ACTUAL bets in the form of cash and that the league is just a bit of fun. So i'm hopeful they will re-consider. No reply yet but i'll keep you informed
  20. tubaminstrel

tubaminstrel Member

:eek: It's this sort of stuffed shirted nonsense that gives contesting committees a bad name.

Scaba Media? YRBBC? and many other contest officials I'm sure are on tMP and i've never seen any of them react to Paddy's stuff like this

Shame on you SWBBA :mad: