SWBBA Results - Torquay

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Ginge, Nov 6, 2004.

1. Ginge

Ginge Member

4th section

1. Verwood concert brass
    2. Torrington Silver
    3. Sidmouth Town

Junior Section

1. St Stythians Junior
    2. Pendennis Youth
    3. Saltash Town Youth

3rd Section

1. Hayle Town
    2. St Pinnock
    3. South Molton Town

Youth Section

1. Mount Charles Youth
    2. St Dennis Youth
    3. Lions Youth Brass

Second Section

1. Helston Town
    2. Soundhouse Brass
    3.???

Open Section

1. Yeovil Town
    2. Lanner & District Silver

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    b)Junior Section
    Verwood
    b)Youth Section
    Soundhouse Brass3.
    Silver
  3. Ginge

Ginge Member

Well Done to all that were in the prizes!

Was a very good day all round! The result obviously made it better! :-D

Well Done all!

4. Traosb

Traosb New Member

Certainly is congratulations to all that were in the prizes. In particular I think it was wonderful how many bands played their own players who are always there working together week in and week out. Looking at the results I would most certainly say that team morale in all bands concerned certainly won out over dragging players in from elsewhere to "boost the performance" as some bands so often do. Well done.

5. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

WOW! GO SOUNDHOUSE!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D and well done Lanner!!!!

Excellent results all round!!!!

6. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

Well done to my band we came 3rd in our section yay! it was a brill day, it was my first 'proper' contest (I played at Exmouth Entertainment!) and I Loved it!!

7. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Does anyone have the full results, not just the placings? Are we likely to see them on 4barsrest?

8. vcbjet

vcbjet Member

My band won the 4th section yesterday. It was a great day at one of the best organised contests around. The result was great for the band to as we just missed out on 3rd last time. Will be looking forward to going again! cheers!

9. hmm yes, last. extremely good lol.:-?

10. IckleSop

IckleSop Active Member

too organised

11. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

Well I have to say that Torquay this year has to be one of the best contests I've ever been to!! I really enjoyed it! Congratualations to all the winners!

Also congratulations to Andrew (sop-Pendennis Youth) on his best instrumentalist award! Very well deserved! :D:D:D

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    b)Junior Section
    Verwood
    b)Youth Section
    Soundhouse Brass3.
    Silver
  13. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

I was really impressed with Lanner's performance! I have a recording of Spectrum and in my opinion Lanner gave a performance just as good as the one on the CD. (See Adam, I have listened to it ;):D!!)

14. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Lanner: Ooooh, thought there were more than 2 bands in Open section!! LOL... oops.. well done anyway! I've heard you play at Bugle and back at the areas and thought it was suberb... Keep it up :)

15. Ginge

Ginge Member

Jolly good! You should treasure those cd's! Will be worth loads when we're National Champions in a couple of years! he he! :lol:

Thought it was very close between lanner and Yeovil. Thought Yeovil just did enough to win it, but were both very good performances!

16. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

will agree with everything she said!!
    well done andrew, played really well, and deserved it!
    well done adam- maybe winning against 5 bands will show that even against competition your able to win :) (how old is bianca?)
    congrats to all the bands that played :)
    and excuse me mrs "lanner came last"-there were only two bands in the section?!! so there's either 1st or 2nd, believe the band that withdrew came last.
    have to admit lanner were the only band i heard play and i thought they did really well- well done to the euph player :) (even tho i spoke to you in person about an hour ago!)

oooh and well done to helston :)

right, as for the rest of the day- (not that i can remember all that much!) i do believe i was completley out of my tree so to speak!
    major steve!! we saw you! our horn player thinks your fit!:)
    adam- good to see you again, sorry if i said anything i shouldn't have- mike text me today....what the hell did i say to him??
    vaugley remember a couple of drink over head situations. entertaining!
    seemed to have lots of people crying on me too!
    coach journey home was one of the most entertaining i've ever had! :)

17. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

Yeah, sorry if any staring in the registration place scared you - just wondering which cornet player you were!!

Yeah...:-? :roll: ;-)

18. Ginge

Ginge Member

Glad to hear someone else not in our band say that!
    Bianca's 19. Was her last contest with the band!!!:-(

Was good to see you too! Don't recall you sayin anything you shouldn't have to me, and no idea what you said to mike?!

19. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

sugarandspice
    empty your message box! can't reply to your pm as you are out of room!!

20. sugarandspice

well i would have said it in the other thread...but apparently thats been locked now. hmmm.

its ok i think mike is winding me up....at least i hope he is!!
    did i speak to your dad? i remember watching lanner play- i managed to hit myself in the nose when i was waving you and mike over to us. classic!!

i've got a bruise on my leg form sat and i dont know how i got it?!!(thats not a private conversaiton- open to anyone who has any suggestions as to how it happened!!)

21. sugarandspice

empty :)

22. Ginge

Ginge Member

Think you said 'hi' but don't know about any deep conversation?!

Anyway, before a moderator says 'this should be said in PM's' or 'back on topic please' then you better do that!

No real need for everyone to know whether mike is windin you up or whether you spoke to my dad! ;)