Swbba 2006

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Chris Hicks, Oct 21, 2006.

1. Chris Hicks

Chris Hicks Member

Don't think there has been a thread on this! (point me in the right direction if there has mods!)

Just wondered who's going??

We'll be there (portishead in the 2nd section)

2. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

I'm going to listen! (I think). Erm, when is it again???
  3. IanHeard

IanHeard Member

Its on Saturday 4th November Dave.
    Soundhouse will be there...apparently 11 bands in the second section, must be a record!
    Ian Heard.
  4. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

Oooh me and liz were dicussing this last night! We will be thewre, we just have no idea how we are getting there or back! Looking forward to it tho :)
  5. Liz Loftus

Liz Loftus Member

South Molton are there in the 3rd section (last time before we are promoted). Only 4 bands in our section apparently. Don't know if I'm allowed to mention the others?!?!? Its quite a novelty for me, no child in tow!!! not that you could really class my 2 as children anymore, but I'm sure you know what I mean!! I havn't had to nag about practising and will only have to think about one lot of instrument, music and uniform etc The bar bill will be a bit cheaper too!!!!

See you all there, good luck and come and say hello if I haven't met you - that lets you off Chris!!!
  6. tam-tam2

tam-tam2 Member

My first contest in the South West!!!!!!!

I shall be there, playing for Lympstone in the Second Section. It will be my first proper contest for Lympstone and my first in the south west (I did do Exmouth though!). So will look forward to meeting and seeing some new people........:):tup

Oh, I'm missing Pontins for this so it had better be good!!!!:rolleyes:;)
  7. persins

persins Member

Nevermind Tim!
    If Lympstone are anything like they were when I was playing for them, they'll make it a good weekend!!!

I'm going to Pontins (assuming work doesn't throw another spanner in the works!) so will not be in Torquay this time.

Good luck to all of you though.
  8. BryonySnell

BryonySnell Member

Cheers Simon,
    I'm sure it will be a good one, but a little annoyed that I have to miss Pontins.

There are 8 bands in the 2nd section, not 11..... But still that's a lot of bands, a good contest!

The bands in 2nd section are:
    Heyl Town
    Lympstone SWT
    Michelmersh Silver
    Phoenix Brass (Crewkerne)
    Portishead Town
    Soundhouse Brass
    St Stythians
    Torbay Brass
  9. persins

persins Member

That should be quite a close one with those 8. Should make for an interesting contest.
    Two of my old bands competing against each other too!
  10. Lawrencediana

Lawrencediana Member

Which 2 are they then Simon?
  11. persins

persins Member

That would be Torbay and Lympstone!
  12. Lawrencediana

Lawrencediana Member

I didn't know that. They say you learn something new everyday
  13. sugarandspice

Seconded! :)
  14. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

YAY! Torquay soon! I'll be there with Lympstone in the 2nd section, and supporting St Stythians for 2nd place (also in the 2nd section!)...I'm sure most of us would like to be at Pontins, so we're going to have to make Torquay extra fun this year!! :biggrin:
  15. Hollie

Hollie Member

Does anybody know what time each section starts?
    Cheers xx
  16. Liz Loftus

Liz Loftus Member

3rd section draw is at 9am to start at 10am - thats a nice early start for us :eek: Are they doing the sections in a different order or have no or only a few 4th section bands entered :confused: (must make mental note to ask Ray (SWBBA Chairman) at next rehearsal)

Not everybody is missing Pontins - a certain person is keeping very quiet :rolleyes: mind you, so have our rehearsals lately - come back Fi, we miss you!!!
  17. IanHeard

IanHeard Member

Is there any truth in the rumour that Exeter British Rail are competing?
    Surprising and great news if they are.
  18. sugarandspice

Well seeing as it is their conductor's piece which is being played i think it would be very likely ;)
  19. IanHeard

IanHeard Member

As an Exeter lad myself I know the band in the past were always rabidly "anti-contest",which is why some people including myself played for other bands in the Area (Lympstone in my case);).
    The band are as far I know the last band from Devon to attain Championship status and have a fantastic history....look out East Devon if they`re on the way back!
  20. hells_baritone

hells_baritone New Member

cheers, although I will be staggered if we make the top 2 in this section! it should be a laugh though...well it'll have to be, to make up for our absence from pontins :(

only a week to go now, I'm sure it'll be a great day out!