Superman 'Christopher Reeve' no longer with us...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by TheMusicMan, Oct 11, 2004.

1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

2. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Very sad news indeed... just read it myself :-(
  3. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

I heard it on the radio this morning. I thought it was so sad - he was so positive about being able to walk again someday...
  4. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

I also heard it on the Radio this morning. It's very sad news. 52 is no age...
  5. rightnowmusic

rightnowmusic Member

And the Theme from "Superman" is such a good Tuning guide for Timps.... "Perfect 5th Down, Perfect 4th Up"...

Sad Loss all the same :(
  6. jpbray

jpbray Member

I believe other actors who have also played superman have come to a premature end.
  7. Keith Stanley James Lever

Keith Stanley James Lever Supporting Member

Two actors who played 'Superman' were Kirk Alyn he died in 1999 aged 88 and George Reeves died in 1959 aged 45.
  8. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Christopher Reeves was a true Superman. Anybody who gets inflicted with a disability like that and fights for the rest of their life to publically help others and make steps to improve their own quality of life through physical therapy without giving up or living in seclusion and self pity has true character.
  9. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

I heard about it on the Radio earlier when driving from uni to teach drummergurl... I was shocked and sadened :(

May he rest in peace...
  10. Raspberry

Raspberry Member

Very sad news indeed, Christopher Reeve set a very fine example to people and certainly helped make a difference, especially those with disabilities.
  11. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

Indeed. He had his own foundation, to support the scientific research for people with the same problems as himself (I think it's called spinal cord lesion in English?)
    In Belgium we have our own "Cristopher Reeve". He's a triathlete called Mark Herremans. He became 6th in the Hawai Iron Man race in 2001, but had an accident the year after and is now permantently in a wheel chair (although he can still use his arms, unlike Christopher Reeve could).
    Inspired by Christofer Reeve, he worked on his recovery and less then two years after his accident, he competed again in the Iron Man, this timeas a wheel chair athlete. He also started his own foundation, modelled after the Christopher Reeves foundation. It's called "To Walk Again"
    Two very amazing people. I hope Mark can continue Christopher's work...
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2004
  12. aimee_euph

aimee_euph Member

makes me really feel lucky to be able to walk and even play my euph.

may he rest in peace x