Superbowl

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Just Crazy, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Just Crazy

Just Crazy Member

Who will be watching the superbowl tonight?

I will, cheering on the Giants after watching them at Wemberly last October

2. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Nah! I'd rather watch Wales beat England at Rugby every six nations for the next 10 years than suffer that abomination of a sport! However I shall be interested to read how Sheriff Joe handles the crowds etc. That man is a policing genius.

3. vonny

vonny Member

I'm actually invited to a superbowl party in Philadelphia this evening. I'm kind of excited because I can party with the 'yanks' - they're lovely the ones I have met so far :)

4. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Although rather indifferent...I think I'll be spporting the Pats :-D

5. vonny

vonny Member

After having watched the superbowl I actually found it quite a boring game. It was explainned to me what the logic was but I honestly couldn't see one, although it was good that the underdogs won. I had a great night !

6. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Boring?!?!? It was fantastic!!!! The lead changed hands 3 times in the last 10 minutes, the underdog team pulled off a miraculous final drive to win the game (including probably the most astonishing pass completion ever, Eli Manning having struggled free of the grasp of three Pats offensive linemen), and the result was still in the balance with seconds to go!! What more can you ask for??

As for the middle of the game, those of us who appreciate it will have found the two defences stifling of the opposing teams offences just brilliant.

Best Superbowl I've watched since my own team used to win some! (depressed 49ers fan :( )

7. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

I've got to agree with 2md.

I missed chunks of the game as Thea wouldn't settle, and I ended up in the kitchen letting her listen to the washing machine, but the pass that Manning threw that 33 yard pass to Tyree, I was in awe. How he avoided that rush is something I don't think I'll ever know.

Roll on next season.

At least I've got the baseball season looming large to occupy me.

8. vonny

vonny Member

Okay Crawford you win I guess, but having only watched superbowl for the first time I did't know what the game was all about. It certainly looked interesting but for me I was bored. Maybe if I watch it again I might become more engaged.

A lot of the guys around Philly are a bit upset that the giants won but they said it was an excellent game, epecially when the patriots perfect season ended!

9. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

The Eagles share a division (the NFC East) with the Giants, the Dallas Cowboys and the Washington Redskins (so long Joe and thanks). It's a strong division and there are fairly strong rivalries between all the teams. It could be argued that the two strongest rivalries in the NFL are between the Cowboys / Redskins and the Eagles / Giants.

10. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

??? Has Joe Theisman died???? Never?!?!?!?

I gt a hell of a shock when I heard that Bill Walsh had died last year... :(

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Wemberly
    Giants
    Superbowl
    October