Super League Grand Final - October 18th 2003

Discussion in 'Random Chat & Off Topic...' started by Fishsta, Oct 13, 2003.

?

Who will win the Super League Grand Final?

1. I want Bradford to win, and think they will!

97.1%
  2. I want Bradord to win, but I think Wigan will.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I want Wigan to win, and think they will!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I want Wigan to win, but think Bradford will.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I'm a philistine, I don't like Rugby League. Give me a padded cell.

2.9%
  1. Fishsta

Fishsta Active Member

Less than a week to go to the biggest event in the best sport in the world...

The SUPER LEAGUE GRAND FINAL.

This year, table-toppers Bradford Bulls will take on the Wigan Warriors. Wigan are currently on an unbeaten run since their caretaker coach, Mike Gregory, stepped in, beating St Helens in every game this season, Leeds last week in the final eliminator, and the record against Bradford is currently at 2 all for the season.

I'm going to be there in the Cherry and White, cheering for the Warriors, along with the other half (who will be cheering for Bradford), but who do you think will win?

The odds are in Bradford's favour, but only just.... 4/7 for them, and 4/5 for Wigan.

I really don't know, it's too close to call. It should be a cracking match, though.

2. rutty

rutty Active Member

It's a close one to call, but the Bulls have been the most consistent team this season and will just about win it. They beat Leeds well two weeks ago, but the Leeds/Wigan game was much closer.

I can't possibly shout for a team from the wrong side of the Pennines, so I'll be shouting for the Bulls, despite being a Rhinos fan. It'll be a good game though.

3. Big Fella

Big Fella Member

There has to be only one winner, that has got to be Wigan....
    After the way they have played in the last couple of games, they only seem to be getting better and better..
    As long as they stop Bradford from scoring for the first 15 minutes, then Wigan should win. BUT, if bradford manage to get a couple of scores early on, then the Fat Lady had better start warming up early, for the Warrior's..

Never Mind Though, Win Or Lose, I Will Be Having A Booze.....

4. dyl

dyl Active Member

I don't do egg-chasing, sorry! 8)

5. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

That's worth repeating, for anyone, such as Neil T, who may have missed it the first time.

And again:

It just gets better and better.

Unfortunately we have a gig with the German Band that evening (free beer and food...) so I'll have to cope with watching the match on the telly.

Since I live on the wrong side of the hills these days (working in an educational capacity of course) I might just find a local pub with a big screen and wear my Wigan shirt...

Did I ever tell you I went to school with Andy Gregory?

D

6. Heather

Heather Member

Well, seeing as my beloved Swinton (don't laugh) aren't in it this season(!!) I had better give my vote to Wigan.
    Being a Lancashire lass I can't doing anything else.
    I'll certainly be watching. :D

7. Fishsta

Fishsta Active Member

That's what I like to hear. Someone getting it right. Wigan is in LANCASHIRE. :)

Most people think it's in Greater Manchester, but of course, we all know that Greater Manchester was a "Metropolitan Borough", not a county, and was abolished in about 1986 or so, along with places such as Merseyside, Humberside, and the split of Yorkshire (Yup, there's just "Yorkshire" now)

Of course, this means that Liverpool, Wigan, Bolton, Leigh, Rochdale, Manchester, Oldham and so on are back in Lancashire. Hurrah!

One of the few places that was in Lancashire but isn't anymore (it's now in Cheshire), is Warrington.

Sorry. That's your Geography lesson for today.

8. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

i have no interest, sorry!

9. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

Metropoliatan Boroughs never replaced the old county boundaries for sports anyway. So Lancashire's fine cricket team could continue to play at Old Trafford, and the Roses match was never played between Merseyside and Humberside.

Not quite. North Yorkshire still exists - and if it doesn't where does all my poll tax go??? But Humberside is now called East Yorkshire. I think it was just the Metropolitans which were abolished.

They're very welcome to Warrington and can have St Helens too if they'd like to give us a couple of bob for it.

D

[/quote]

10. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I'd like to see Wigan take the trophy, as I have happy memories of watching them from the tunnel when providing interval music in the '70s, but I've a feeling that Bradford will just shade a tight match.

On a slight aside, following the geography lessons above, when you travel from Poole to Bournemouth you pass through the landmark known as "County Gates", to show that you are leaving Dorset and moving into Hampshire, except that they redrew the boundaries several years back, putting Bournemouth into Dorset after all :wink: :lol: :lol:

11. aimee_euph

aimee_euph Member

Excuse me, but it's not really fair if Saints win everyhting all the time, is it? We need to let other have a go...ah hem....

I'm a Saints fan thru' an thru' but Come On You Bulls!!!!

12. Fishsta

Fishsta Active Member

>cough< Voluntary tackle >cough<

:) :) :)

13. aimee_euph

aimee_euph Member

*cough* just jealous we won *cough* find a new arguement *cough*

14. Fishsta

Fishsta Active Member

*Cough* Not at all *cough* Can't stand cheats *cough* Learn to spell *Triple Cough* :D

15. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

I have only one thing to say....

COME ON YOU BULLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Mute - if I'm right you owe me a pint!

Rach x

16. aimee_euph

aimee_euph Member

*just imagine the coughs* what have i spelt wrong :? im doing english language AS level... gettin worried.... *mini cough*

17. Fishsta

Fishsta Active Member

"Argument", and there's the capital letters! They are your friends! :D

18. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

Oh great, the good old Voluntary tackle argument, what about when a player is being pushed into touch and tries to get tackled so as not to go into touch eh? If you call one you've got to call them all...

19. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

lol! I wonder if people thought there was a missing option just like I did...
    You know, the one saying (being as clean as possible):

"I dont give 2 monkeys"

:p ;-)

20. asteria

asteria Member

Quite right too Rachel! I shall be there cheering with all my might!
    Ok, so i'm taking my sister and I haven't a clue of the rules, but i shall be cheering my home team anyway!! :D