Sunday Evening Brass

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by Hornted, May 19, 2004.

1. Hornted

Hornted Member

The Sunday evening series of concerts at Newstead Welfare promoted by Newstead Band are coming to a close this weekend with the Hopkinsons Solicitors Blidworth Welfare Band. This week being the last week a light-hearted presentations will be made to the most entertaining band of the series and also the best soloist award.

The concert is on Sunday 23rd May starting at 8 pm. All welcome.

Following discussions with the Welfare we are planning a further series of concerts at the Nottinghamshire Band Club Venue (Newstead Welfare) in the autumn and any bands interesting in taking part please contact me. I am sure that the bands who have taken part in the current series have found the concerts profitable and entertaining for all.

Melanie Cooper
  2. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

yes I agree, Long Eaton had a "hoot" last Sunday, we enjoyed ourselves ,had a good crowd there , had a beer :guiness and people even laughed at my jokes! :wink:
  3. Bones

Bones Member

Sorry Shaz, I was there, no one laughed at your jokes.

Serious point, here is a series of concerts that have been put together by the hard work of Melanie Cooper and the Newstead Band, and all who have taken part have had a great time.

Please support it next time, cos its a great opportunity to see these bands play out in front of their local audiences.