Sunday Evening Brass - Nottinghamshire

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by Hornted, Apr 4, 2005.

1. Hornted

Hornted Member

Sunday Night Brass

The first concert in the series ‘Sunday Evening Brass’ was held last night at the Newstead Miners Welfare and Community Centre Concert Hall, Nottinghamshire. The first concert featured Newstead Brass and Newstead Youth Band. Thank you to everyone who supported the event and hopefully we will see even more of you next week for the second in the series featuring Long Eaton Silver Band conducted by the unique and dynamic Sharon Stansfield

All concerts begins at 8.00 pm and admission is just £1. Everyone Welcome

A prize for the most entertaining band and also a soloist award will be given at the end of the series.

The series of concerts are being promoted and arranged by the Newstead Band following the success of the a similar series last year

Sunday 10th April Long Eaton Silver Prize Band
    Sunday 17th April Bestwood Black Diamonds
    Sunday 24th April Dinnington Colliery
    Sunday 8th May Killamarsh
    Sunday 15th May Kirkby Colliery
    Sunday 22 May Blidworth
    Sunday 5th June Carlton Brass

There’s still space at the ‘Bands on Parade’ entertainment contest being promoted by the Newstead Welfare and Kirkby Colliery Bands with Kirkby Rotary Club on Sunday June 26th. The contest is open to all grades of bands and rules are kept to the minimum (including minimal registration requirements).

For more details on either the ‘Sunday Night Brass’ concerts or the ‘Bands on Parade’ contest please contact Newstead Welfare Band secretary Melanie Cooper on 07970 490773, treasurer Mike Allcock on 0115 968 0563 or come and find them at the Newstead Welfare on a Sunday evening!
  2. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

Well I've been called allsorts now;) but I do like ..."unique and dynamic":clap:

but what about youthfull:rolleyes:
    Come along and hear us play at Newstead Welfare just off Junction 27 M1:tup
  3. postie

postie Member

Well as long as nothing crops up before Sunday myself and Raspberry will be coming along to watch.
  4. stephen2001

stephen2001 Member

Ditto to postie, I'll try and be there on Sunday as well. Will make a plesant change to be in the audience rather than slogging away on stage!
  5. Baldeagle

Baldeagle Member

Great concert by Long Eaton tonight,shame that there was a shortage of bandfolk, it !must have bin a good nite on tele.Well done Shaz, shame about your jokes! PLEASE dont pass them on to Tony
  6. postie

postie Member

We would have loved to made it but due to an illness in the family were unable too.
  7. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

they're good jokes they are !! I was ok till Sam nicked me joke book!!:oops:

thanks for coming guys, we had a really good time!!:clap:
  8. Hornted

Hornted Member

Another successfull night and several local bands were represented in the audience. Carlton Frickley, Newstead, Bestwood, Carlton as far as I know.

Long Eaton played to a really good standard with a varied mix of programme - good night apart from as mentioned Sharons jokes, they just do not get any better. Perhaps we could all club together and send her on a course or something! Seriously though well done and best of luck for your coming contest season -

All welcome next week - Bestwood Black Diamonds Band - 8pm start.

Melanie Cooper
  9. Baldeagle

Baldeagle Member

Well done to Bestwood Black Diamonds for a most enjoyable concert tonight. (Shame about the standin euph player !)
  10. postie

postie Member

Thanks Ray we look forward to seeing Carlton play at Newstead in June . The band enjoyed the concert tonight, many thanks to Melanie and Newstead for inviting us to play at the Sunday Band Club. I hope the rest of the concerts prove to be a success. By the way thanks also to Lynden for coming to help us in hour of need.
  11. Hornted

Hornted Member

Sunday Evening Brass – Newstead Welfare and Community Centre - Nottinghamshire

After a successful and entertaining concert given by Bestwood Black Diamonds Band last Sunday, our guests this week travel from deepest South Yorkshire – Dinnington Colliery Band with their Conductor Toby Bannan are the 4th band in the series of Sunday Evening Brass. Everyone welcome, concerts start at 8 pm.

Next week no band due to bank holiday

Sunday 8th May Killamarsh
    Sunday 15th May Kirkby
    Sunday 22nd May Blidworth
    Sunday 5th May Carlton Brass

Awards to be given at the end of the series for the most entertaining band and also the best soloist.

Melanie Cooper Newstead Band