Sunday Bandstand weekly brass band programme 25 December 2016

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by ChrisHelme, Dec 25, 2016.

1. ChrisHelme

ChrisHelme Member

Hello Brass Banders

Happy Christmas to you all – I hope you are all having a good time.
    Here is my Christmas Day show – another two hours of wonderful music from brass bands around the world with the playlist. Click the link below as usual.....

www.mixcloud.com/ChrisHelme/sunday-bandstand-25-december-2016/

Now here is a challenge - I will provide two prizes 1) A copy of my 'What Brass Bands Did for Me...' book and 2) A CD. To take part in this small competition please send me an e-mail explaining where you are. I will then check your mileage via Google maps which will give me the distance from my community (Lightcliffe, West Yorkshire UK) to your community.

For the second place winner I will send just one prize 1) A CD.

Once you have received this week's show e-mail me bandstand@chrishelme.org.uk to declare where you are calling from. The two furthest away win the two prizes....

Best Wishes for 2017

Playlist 25 December 2016
    Rhythm and Blues – Philip Sparke Opening for weekly show Foden's Band MD: Michael Fowles - 2010
    Hail Smiling Morn - Reginald Spofforth City Of Bradford Brass Band MD: Lee Skipsey - 2016
    Farandole from the Suite L'Arlesienne - George Bizet Arr: Drake Rimmer The Sheldon Theatre Brass Band (Canada) MD: W. Larry Brentzel - 1995
    Who is he in Yonder Stall' - Benjamin R. Hanby Arr: Richard Phillips Melbourne Staff Band (Australia) BM: Colin Woods - 1990
    Christmas Presence - Paul Sharman International Staff Band Of The Salvation Army - BM: Dr. Stephen Cobb - 2016
    Tubby The Tuba - Words by Paul Tripp- Music George Kleinsinger Arr: Andrew Duncan Tuba Soloist Gavin Woods - Narrator Thom Meredith with the Sellers International Band MD: Philip McCann - 2002
    Rhythmic Skaters - Emile Waldteufel Arr: B. S. Wood Foden's Motor Works Band MD: Rex Mortimer - 1974
    Ice Dance - Danny Elfman Arr: Chad Shoopman Brass Band Of Central Florida (USA) MD: Chad Shoopman - 2014
    Christians Awake - Paul Lovatt-Cooper The Household Troops Band BM: Carl Saunders - 2014
    They shall come from the East - Kevin Larsson International Staff Band Of The Salvation Army - BM: Dr. Stephen Cobb - 2012
    Sleigh Ride - Leroy Anderson Yorkshire Building Society Band MD: Professor David King - 2003
    Christmas Song -Thorne and Wells Arr: Gavin Sutherland Foden's Band with the Halifax Choral Society and Organist Darius Battiwalla MD: Dr. Nicholas Childs - 1998
    A Coventry Christmas Arr: Lee Morris Darebin City Brass - Preston Band (Australia) MD Andrew Snell - 2016
    The Sounding Joy - William Gordon Pasadena Tabernacle Band (USA) BM: William Gordon - 2007
    Ye Morning Stars of Light based on the hymn tune Diadem - Andi Cook Slaithwaite Band MD: Rob Westacott - 2016
    An Australian Christmas - James Curnow New York Staff Band BM: Derek Smith - 1983
    A Little Prayer - Evelyn Glennie Arr: Robert Childs Dalkeith & Monktonhall Band MD: James Chamberlain - 2016
    Shine as the Light - Peter Graham Massed bands of the International Staff Band & the New York Staff Band Guest MD: Peter Graham - 2011
    Tuba Concerto 2nd Mov - Ralph Vaughan Williams Arr: Philip Littlemore Tuba Soloist Ewan Easton with the Wingates Band MD: Andrew Berryman - 2006
    E T:- The main theme - John Williams Brass Band Burgermusik Luzern (Switzerland) MD: Ludwig Wicki - 2002
    Stars - Ēriks Ešenvalds Arr: Corsin Tuor Brass Band Berner Oberland (Switzerland) MD: Corsin Tuor - 2016
    Largo from the New World Symphony - Dvorak Arr: Martin Ellerby Grimethorpe Colliery RJB Band MD: Garry Cutt and Chris Helme with Gordon Higginbottom's memories of Christmas playing over 60 years ago.....
    Away in a Manger - Peter Graham Cornet Soloist Neil Day with the Thoresby RJB Band MD: Stan Lippeatt - 2000
    Starburst and Canyons - Paul Lovatt-Cooper Black Dyke Band MD: Dr. Nicholas Childs - 2011
    Rhythm and Blues – Philip Sparke Closing for weekly show Foden's Band MD: Michael Fowles - 2010

2. ChrisHelme

ChrisHelme Member

Hello Everyone - Please note the Sheldon Theatre Brass Band I have shown as being in Canada .... a senior moment perhaps, I should have shown it was in USA...

Regards

Chris