Sunday Bandstand weekly brass band programme 25 December 2016

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by ChrisHelme, Dec 25, 2016.

1. ChrisHelme

ChrisHelme Member

Hello Brass Banders

Happy Christmas to you all – I hope you are all having a good time.
    Here is my Christmas Day show – another two hours of wonderful music from brass bands around the world with the playlist. Click the link below as usual.....

www.mixcloud.com/ChrisHelme/sunday-bandstand-25-december-2016/

Now here is a challenge - I will provide two prizes 1) A copy of my 'What Brass Bands Did for Me...' book and 2) A CD. To take part in this small competition please send me an e-mail explaining where you are. I will then check your mileage via Google maps which will give me the distance from my community (Lightcliffe, West Yorkshire UK) to your community.

For the second place winner I will send just one prize 1) A CD.

Once you have received this week's show e-mail me bandstand@chrishelme.org.uk to declare where you are calling from. The two furthest away win the two prizes....

Best Wishes for 2017

Playlist 25 December 2016
    Rhythm and Blues – Philip Sparke Opening for weekly show Foden's Band MD: Michael Fowles - 2010
    Hail Smiling Morn - Reginald Spofforth City Of Bradford Brass Band MD: Lee Skipsey - 2016
    Farandole from the Suite L'Arlesienne - George Bizet Arr: Drake Rimmer The Sheldon Theatre Brass Band (Canada) MD: W. Larry Brentzel - 1995
    Who is he in Yonder Stall' - Benjamin R. Hanby Arr: Richard Phillips Melbourne Staff Band (Australia) BM: Colin Woods - 1990
    Christmas Presence - Paul Sharman International Staff Band Of The Salvation Army - BM: Dr. Stephen Cobb - 2016
    Tubby The Tuba - Words by Paul Tripp- Music George Kleinsinger Arr: Andrew Duncan Tuba Soloist Gavin Woods - Narrator Thom Meredith with the Sellers International Band MD: Philip McCann - 2002
    Rhythmic Skaters - Emile Waldteufel Arr: B. S. Wood Foden's Motor Works Band MD: Rex Mortimer - 1974
    Ice Dance - Danny Elfman Arr: Chad Shoopman Brass Band Of Central Florida (USA) MD: Chad Shoopman - 2014
    Christians Awake - Paul Lovatt-Cooper The Household Troops Band BM: Carl Saunders - 2014
    They shall come from the East - Kevin Larsson International Staff Band Of The Salvation Army - BM: Dr. Stephen Cobb - 2012
    Sleigh Ride - Leroy Anderson Yorkshire Building Society Band MD: Professor David King - 2003
    Christmas Song -Thorne and Wells Arr: Gavin Sutherland Foden's Band with the Halifax Choral Society and Organist Darius Battiwalla MD: Dr. Nicholas Childs - 1998
    A Coventry Christmas Arr: Lee Morris Darebin City Brass - Preston Band (Australia) MD Andrew Snell - 2016
    The Sounding Joy - William Gordon Pasadena Tabernacle Band (USA) BM: William Gordon - 2007
    Ye Morning Stars of Light based on the hymn tune Diadem - Andi Cook Slaithwaite Band MD: Rob Westacott - 2016
    An Australian Christmas - James Curnow New York Staff Band BM: Derek Smith - 1983
    A Little Prayer - Evelyn Glennie Arr: Robert Childs Dalkeith & Monktonhall Band MD: James Chamberlain - 2016
    Shine as the Light - Peter Graham Massed bands of the International Staff Band & the New York Staff Band Guest MD: Peter Graham - 2011
    Tuba Concerto 2nd Mov - Ralph Vaughan Williams Arr: Philip Littlemore Tuba Soloist Ewan Easton with the Wingates Band MD: Andrew Berryman - 2006
    E T:- The main theme - John Williams Brass Band Burgermusik Luzern (Switzerland) MD: Ludwig Wicki - 2002
    Stars - Ēriks Ešenvalds Arr: Corsin Tuor Brass Band Berner Oberland (Switzerland) MD: Corsin Tuor - 2016
    Largo from the New World Symphony - Dvorak Arr: Martin Ellerby Grimethorpe Colliery RJB Band MD: Garry Cutt and Chris Helme with Gordon Higginbottom's memories of Christmas playing over 60 years ago.....
    Away in a Manger - Peter Graham Cornet Soloist Neil Day with the Thoresby RJB Band MD: Stan Lippeatt - 2000
    Starburst and Canyons - Paul Lovatt-Cooper Black Dyke Band MD: Dr. Nicholas Childs - 2011
    Rhythm and Blues – Philip Sparke Closing for weekly show Foden's Band MD: Michael Fowles - 2010

2. ChrisHelme

ChrisHelme Member

Hello Everyone - Please note the Sheldon Theatre Brass Band I have shown as being in Canada .... a senior moment perhaps, I should have shown it was in USA...

Regards

Chris

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice