Sunday Bandstand weekly brass band programme 1 October 2017

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by ChrisHelme, Sep 24, 2017.

1. ChrisHelme

ChrisHelme Member

Hello Brass Banders - Here is the show dated 1 October 2017. I appreciate it is very soon after I posted the 24th September but I am not available to post shows for a few weeks. Please check out my website www.chrishelme-brighouse.org.uk where you will find 2 hour shows dating back to 2014. Normal service will resume as soon as possible - Thank you

Frank Renton, British musician, conductor & broadcaster, host of Listen to the Band on BBC Radio. Accomplished trumpet player, winner of young conductors competition at the 1967 Edinburgh, whilst in the Army. Appointments soon followed, before returning to the UK as Director of a Military Music School in York. MD for James Shepherd Versatile Brass for 3 years & conducting the Grimethorpe Colliery Band. He has also worked extensively with the BBC orchestras
    In 1985, he was appointed Principal Conductor of the Royal Artillery Orchestra in London, in 1988 accepted the dual appointment of Principal DM for the Army and Director of the Royal Military School of Music at Kneller Hall in the rank of Lt. Colonel, the youngest person ever to hold the dual appointments. He was awarded the Freedom of the City of London in 1986 and is a member of the Worshipful Company of Musicians. With 'Brass Band du Nord Pas-de-Calais', he won the French Brass Band Championship

Frank Renton is conducting one of his own arrangements on this week's show

Playlist 1 October 2017
    Rhythm and Blues – Philip Sparke Opening for weekly show Foden's Band MD: Michael Fowles - 2010
    On Ilka Moor Bah'tat - Traditional - Arr: William Relton Massed Yorkshire Male Voice Choir with Brighouse and Rastrick and Sellers Engineering Bands GMD: William Relton - 1994
    Force of Destiny - Giuseppe Verdi Arr: Frank Wright CWS (Manchester) Band MD: Alex Mortimer - 2013 (Remastered from the original recording of 1962)
    Starburst - Dan Price Longridge Band MD: Mark Peacock - 2015
    Blue Bells Of Scotland - Arthur Pryor Bass Trombone Lionel Fumeaux with Pianist Ekaterina Ivanova - 2016
    Hunting Wabbits - Gordon Goodwin Arr: Robin Dewhurst Featuring Trombone Soloist Neil Gallie - Stavanger Brass Band (Norway) MD: Alan Withington - 2009
    The Vikings - Philip Sparke Eikanger Bjorsvik Band (Norway) MD: Howard Snell - 1997
    Neath the Dublin Skies - Paul Lovatt-Cooper Euphonium Soloist David Childs with the Cory Band MD: Dr. Robert Childs - 2007
    I've Got You Under My Skin - Cole Porter Arr: Sandy Smith Grimethorpe Colliery Band MD: Richard Evans - 2005
    Mercy's Light - Wilfred Heaton Eikanger Bjorsvik Musikklag (Norway) MD: Howard Snell - 2000
    On Her Majesty's Secret Service - John Barry Arr: Darrol Barry Black Dyke Band MD: Professor Nicholas Childs - 20017
    Romance and Tango - Huug Steketee Cornet Soloist Huug Steketee (The Netherlands) with the Hepworth (Persimmon Homes) Band MD: Mark Bentham - 2006
    Symphonic Poem Les Preludes - Franz Liszt Arr: William Rimmer Black Dyke Mills Band MD: Roy Newsome - 1967
    Carmen Suite - Prelude & Aragonaise - Bizet Arr: Frank Renton Kirkintilloch Band MD: Frank Renton - 1999
    Over the Horizon - Christopher Bond Soprano Soloist Steve Stewart with the Cory Band MD: Philip Harper - 2017
    You'll Never Walk Alone - Rogers and Hammerstein Arr: Howard Snell Sellers Engineering Band MD: Philip McCann - 1997
    The Young Salvationist March - Bramwell Coles Hendon Salvation Army Band BM: Stephen Cobb - 1987
    Trumpet Jive - Hans Ehlinger & Klaas Bullstein Cornet section feature with the Brass Band Emmental (Switzerland) MD: Anton Helscher - 2004
    Shepherd's Hey - Percy Grainger Arr: Denis Wright Massed bands of Fodens, Fairey Aviation and Morris Motors Band MD: Harry Mortimer - 1964
    Salut d'Amour - Sir Edward Elgar Cornet Soloist Derek M. Garside with the CWS (Manchester) Band MD: Alex Mortimer - 1959
    Famous Fragments - A Medley of the Marches of William Rimmer - Arr: George Hawkins Desford Colliery Band MD: Ernest Woodhouse - 1973
    Rhythm and Blues – Philip Sparke Closing for weekly show Foden's Band MD: Michael Fowles - 2010

Enjoy the show

Chris