Summer Schools

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Moy, Jan 29, 2005.

1. Moy

Moy Active Member

OK I am off again.
    I am looking for a Summer School that "OLDIES" are welcome to attend.

Preferably one that has some courses going on during the week like "Sibelius, Conducting,Arranging etc" as well as the playing of course.
    If so then I can get my work to send me on the course and pay for it. ;)

Tried last year but was too late applying to get funding - all hard up now 'cause have just bought a new place in the country.

So come all you organisers - plug your courses here.
    Need a good programme to present to my boss so that they can send me on it - all expenses paid preferably. ;)

Typical grippy Aberdonian - mind you not living in Aberdeen now.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Summer School
    course
    course.
    programme
    playing
  3. Brian Bowen

Brian Bowen Active Member

Moy,
    Keep an eye on BBC Music (the monthly magazine) as they have in the past done articles on summer schools, some of which advertise there from time to time. I know I've seen the kind of thing you want. And at £3.99 it's excellent value for money as each issue comes with a usually excellent CD. Alternatively, you could, maybe, check the same in your local library.

4. Moy

Moy Active Member

Thanks Brian - might just go out and buy the said magazine.

5. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

Not actually a summer school but every easter the Durham Brass Band Trust run a 2 day residential course for adults. The tutors are all from Black Dyke and the weekend costs £35 which includes all board and tuition.

6. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Well, the WMA Summer School covers a multitude of courses, the only drawback is that I'm the brass band tutor! :) However, folk, opera, wind band, two big bands, intermediate jazz, jazz for beginners, symphony orchestra, conducting, composition, theory, harmony etc. etc. Why not give it a whirl?

More details here

http://www.workersmusic.co.uk/

(As for the pieces I intend to work on, it really does very much depend on course numbers)

Regards

7. Moy

Moy Active Member

Sounds good Dave - you could send me a form or whatever when it's available.

My address is -
    Moira Ross
    'Ravenswood'
    Muirton of Barras
    by Stonehaven
    Aberdeenshire
    AB39 2XT

The Dyke players sounds good but Easter is too soon - need to be Summer.

Ta for the help sp far folks.