Summer Holiday

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by manx_yessir, Jun 7, 2007.

1. manx_yessir

manx_yessir Member

We're off to Port El Kantaoui near Sousse in Tunisia next week for 10 days and I can't wait!:biggrin: Any one else been here and if so what did you think of it? Any recommendations as to where to visit? We're planning to fit in a 2 day safari during our stay as well which I've heard is really worth doing.
    Where is you planning on going this year?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Summer Holiday
    Paphos
    WoodenFlugel
    New York
    Troudos Mountains
  3. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

Yorkshire!!

4. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

Sunny Cornwall again!!

9 weeks and counting.

can't wait camping for 2 whole weeks.

A great pub up the road, with a bandstand that has a band in it twice a week.
    Bring it on!!!!

5. tam-tam2

tam-tam2 Member

I will be spending two and a half weeks in France. A few days to begin with in Normandy, Ouistreham to be exact and then off down to Jard-sur-mer in the Vendee for 2 weeks. Great weather (hopefully), bikes, my kayak and my tent and gas barbecue (don't allow real ones).....what could be better. Please note cooler for drinks WILL be taken too!!:biggrin:

6. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Another vote for Cornwall - in 8 days time!! :woo

7. Di

Di Active Member

Just a few KMs from where we've visited for our hols for the last 5 years - Apremont, a small village near Aizenay .

Fantastic weather the first year, up into the 40s for a few days. Goodish weather the next few years. Last year I'm afraid was really rotten. Almost 2.5 weeks of rain rain rain.

Have decided to come back for a bit of Cornish rain this year. It's cheaper rain there. ;)

Say hi to the Vendee for me. I shall miss it this year, bit sad I'm not going now. :(

8. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Th'Egypt!!

A week on a Nile Cruise and a week in a luxury hotel in Soma Bay being pampered beyond belief. 61 days to go, woo!!

(Got to move house before then so will be dying for my hol by then!!)

9. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Cyprus for me - Paphos to be exact. Only 48 days to go!!!

Never been there before - but have heard nothing but good reports.

Then off in November to Lanzarote!

10. Texus

Texus Member

Tunisia!
    Same region apparently..
    Can't wait!

11. horn1

horn1 Member

Not decided yet! Need some good ideas!

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Summer Holiday
    Paphos
    WoodenFlugel
    New York
    Troudos Mountains
  13. honey bun

honey bun Active Member

Off to Rhodes in Greece a week tomorrow for a friends wedding :woo

14. tam-tam2

tam-tam2 Member

I remember the temps about 5 years ago, used to go out in the car, put the a/c on just to cool down. I have been going to Jard for about 12 years. The weather wasn't great last year I admit, still much better than Cornwall though (I think I am allowed to say that!!). Lovely place and this year I got an unbelievably cheap ferry crossing, that sweetens it up a little!!

15. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

Yorkshire Dales in August. First holiday since 1999!

16. manx_yessir

manx_yessir Member

I'll let you know what Tunisia's like! Went camping in Cornwall for a week last summer and it was brilliant I highly recommend it ....shame about the local's accents though!!:tongue: :lol:

17. IYOUNG

IYOUNG Member

Let us know what you think of Lnzarote having just come back from the Algarve looking for somewhere in Canaries in October

Ian

18. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

Camp outside Carrow Road? :biggrin:

19. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

watch it scouse! :p

Once again Garryposted as me. Grrrr! I may be in yorkshire at the mo but it certianly isnt a summer hoiliday! I'll be going home for a week or so in the summer so i guess thats another vote for cornwall!

Supersop- when will you be descending on the county?!

20. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Just so they all know when to leave....
    (Just kidding dear :tongue: )
    BMB
    xx

21. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Paphos is great. PLenty of historic relics and general sightseeing round there, get yourself a car and drive up into the Troudos Mountains (my profile picture was taken there) the scenery is fantastic and some of the roads have to be driven to be believed!

For us its looking like another weeks break in the lakes late summer (August / September time). Our appitite was well and truly whetted last week so we're planning to go back and do a couple of the "Wainwright" walks.

Oh and we're planning spending New Year in New York, which I'm really looking forward to.

22. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

:clap:
    ouch!!!!

lol!

I'll be there from the 11th until the 26th of August, so any burglars watching the house is all yours!!!!:tup
    you be down there then? you know were I'll be!:tongue: