Summer Events in Yorkshire

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Kofi, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Kofi

Kofi Member

Hi people,

My wife and I are thinking of taking the kids on holiday to the York area in July. Can anyone recommend any events across Yorkshire or beyond that would be worth going to? Preferably brass band stuff ( fancied Hardraw Scar but it's in September), but any other pointers would be appreciated. We'll have the car and will do a combination of B&Bs and camping.

Cheers!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Yorkshire Hi
    York
    Hardraw Scar
    Yorkshire
    combination of B
  3. Kofi

Kofi Member

After posting this I noticed the Kiveton woodland festival, which sounds good?

4. YRBBC

YRBBC Member

Brighouse March and Hymn Contest, Sunday 1st July - highly recommended.

5. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Wetherby Bandstand every Sunday 2.30 - 4.30, Lovely setting, 20 ish mins from York, free, Kids can explore down by the river whilst you can chill out listening!

6. Kofi

Kofi Member

Brilliant, cheers! If I get a few more ideas I'll plan the holiday round all this... The family will love it!! ;-)

7. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Kiverton is July 15th. Old Silkstone March contest is July 14th 3pm onwards. Both are about 45 mins south of York. . .

8. George,

Come to the Driffield Show on the 18th July. www.driffieldshow.co.uk

My band will be playing - you should come & say hello. It'd be good to hear another Scottish voice or two!

9. winterman

winterman Member

If you fancy heading a little further North you'll find Durham Miners Gala a fantastic day out for the band geek with family, plenty of band coaches head up from Yorkshire too so you may be able to hitch a lift! July 14th, or Old Silkstone March Contest is on the same day a bit closer to "home".

10. euphojim

euphojim Member

Brilliant link Andy - if only DSB could play like that.

11. Kofi

Kofi Member

Thanks again everyone, lots of options there! I really appreciate you taking the time to reply, just need to convince my wife now!! ;-)

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Yorkshire Hi
    York
    Hardraw Scar
    Yorkshire
    combination of B