Suggestions for favicon icon?

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by Jeff W, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Jeff W

Jeff W Administrator Staff Member

We're missing a favicon--the little icon that sits in the tabs of your browser.

Any suggestions for what would make a good icon?

Ideally it's somewhat square dimensions (so a trombone is out), and recognizable even as small as 16x16 pixels.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    favicon icon
    little icon
    good icon
    trombone
    tabs
  3. Pauli Walnuts

Pauli Walnuts Moderator Staff Member

How about just lifting the star icon used in Chrome? It will at least be instantly understood by those Chrome users amongst us.

4. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

What about the little tMP and treble clef icon some of the mods have as an avatar? Everyone who comes on here should recognise that pretty easily

5. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

or just the "tMP" part of the (old) moderator avatar? But that avatar is already so old, that I don't really know any more who made these... I think it was Di? I'll have to look around in the moderator archive ;-) (as you see, I'm still wearing my christmas hat :) )

6. 2nd tenor

2nd tenor Active Member

The characters tMP with treble clef seems fine to me - to, if wanted, make it more square the characters could be placed in a column and the clef moved to one side - but otherwise perhaps something based on the side view outline of a (three) piston valve block would be good. Just Music's web site uses valve buttons as icons for choices on its site, there might be some conflict but three buttons with the letters tMP above them is another possibility?

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015