Suggestions for Cornet/Trumpet Solo's

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by nicholasbarrett, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Hi Everyone,

I have a favour to ask. I am looking for suggestions for a couple of Cornet/Trumpet Solo's. Contrasting pieces would be good. They need to have a Piano Accompaniment and if you have details of where I can get hold of them that would be great. I know this isn't a band question but I know we all do solo work at times, so it's good to get your views.

I have in mind:

• A beautiful melodic piece that really makes the most of my tone, but isn't seen as too easy. Something that sings sweetly and really impresses the listener.
    • The other piece I would like to be more up tempo and quite challenging.
    I unfortunately lost a lot of my sheet music last year in the Sheffield floods so am looking for ideas to help me stock up on some cracking solo's.

Thanks to you all,

Nick.:)

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Cornet
    Hi Everyone
    Trumpet Solo
    year
    Sheffield floods
  3. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Not too sure about getting the sheet music, but this album by Ole Edvard Antonsen has a great collection of modern pieces to play. Pas Deux by American composer Charles Cushing is a delight to listen to. Audio samples included in link below ...

http://www.mic.musiconline.no/shop/displayAlbum.asp?id=20120

4. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

5. Huwsi

Huwsi New Member

Softly awakes my heart- slow melody available in most good music shops/trade stands

and Try something like Del Stigers Carnival of Venice or Slavische fantasie- both readily available ;)

Alll have piano parts, well- I have copies anyhow :D

Try Junemmerson.co.uk (sp)

6. Brian Bowen

Brian Bowen Active Member

Italian Holiday (BB) with piano or band accompaniment. Published by Crabtree and available from de Haske.

7. Anglo Music Press

Anglo Music Press Active Member

Unashamed plug! :oops:

I've written a piece called Manhatten which is in 2 movements as you describe. Available from De Haske with piano, brass band or wind band accomps.

You'll love it!!

8. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

Yes, indeedy, fantastic solo, unashamed plug number two, if you fancy a listen it's on the Poles Apart CD with piano ;)

9. Anglo Music Press

Thanks Tootle - your cheque is in the post as agreed :cool:

10. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

So what's the solo 'Manhattan' like then? ;)

11. Anglo Music Press

Must be the supar Tuesday effect

:oops:

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Cornet
    Hi Everyone
    Trumpet Solo
    year
    Sheffield floods
  13. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- and to think you pride yourself on proof-reading ... :biggrin:

As usual, it will be a great solo to play and listen to (... just wire the money!)

14. Anglo Music Press

I do, but my spilling is orefull !!

15. Natalie

Natalie New Member

I think you should play 'Rusulka's song to the moon', it's a beautiful melodic piece but is challenging in parts but it really is lovely when played well,

I have played this piece at many solo competitions with piano accompaniment and every time came in the top 3.

I think you can get it from travada music or try just music's website,

16. weemarky

weemarky Member

That was the first piece that entered my mind reading the thread. always goes down a treat and if played well can be a right show stopper!

17. Chris Hicks

Chris Hicks Member

How about Peter Grahams:

Gramercy Solo Album.

Contains 4 pieces two slow two fast and come with piano accompaniment and only £20ish pound!!

The pieces are: Glorious Ventures, A time for peace (from the essence of time), Swedish Hymn and Whirlwind!

Good shout if you ask me!

Chris