Suggestion re: Forum navigation

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by Fishsta, Nov 28, 2002.

1. Fishsta

Fishsta Active Member

Would it be possible to make the logo in the top left a link to the front page?

It would make getting back to the entrance of the site to "View new posts" easier. :)

2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hey Fishsta,

Of course... good idea - consider it done!! :D

Incidentally there are 3 ways to get back to the main screen...

• 1 - Click on the logo top left - as just modified
      2 - Click on theMouthpiece.com graphic on the top of the page
      3 - Click on theMouthPiece.com Forum Index text just below the main header

Hope this helps...keep 'em coming folks.

3. Fishsta

Fishsta Active Member

Cheers!

I hadn't noticed the link at the top (theMouthPiece.com)....

Good job, Mr Webmaster! 8)

4. TheMusicMan

No problemo! - anything I can do to help...

Incidentally, Queen... saw then at Nebworth when FM wore that famous Red Regal Robe - and WOW, what a concert, just fantastic.

I am on the album cover somewhere!!! :D

I am working with Steve Hackett at present - not in person I might add - but I am trying to arrange one of his pieces for Band. I have been in contact with him/his agent to move things forward... interesting stuff...

5. Tubby the Tuba

Tubby the Tuba New Member

Spectral Mornings ?

re: Steve Hacket piece, not Spectral Mornings by any chance ?

6. TheMusicMan

hey TtT...

No it's not Spectral Mornings, it's actually ...'Walking Away from Rainbows'. What a beautiful song that is - and fantastic guitar playing as well. I am also the proud owner of a Korg karma Music Workstation Synthesiser which has just the most fantastic sound capabilities et al, it also has a built in 16 track sequencer. I have recorded the backing 'synth strings' effect from the music I received from Mr H. on several of these tracks (though I am not a keyboard player so found this very hard :? ) and have applied a whole manner of musical effects to this... sounds great.

From this I can then import into Cubase/Sibelius and work from there. Unfortunately I had a total hard-drive failure a week or so ago and have lost the midi file I had created... my daughter has used the original sheet music copy I received from Mr H keyboard player as a 'scribble pad' and I am therefore a bit knackered at present :? . I shall need to contact them again *eats humble pie* to get another copy.

If I ever get it done, would be happy to share for opinion...

I gather you must like Steve Hacket stuff then... have you heard the "Genesis Revisited" track? Opens with brilliant weird sounds and effects building into "Dance on a Volcano" ... WOW. I really wish I had more ability to do arrangements because I firmly believe some of Genesis music would be great scored for band. They tend to use a lot of 5/4, 7/8 non standard time sig stuff which always adds that 'interesting' element to music in my opinion. Take Phillip Sparke, Gregson etc....

I can see this thread turning into a real e-music/synth topic... just up my street... :D

Incidentally... here's my synth...

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice