Suggestion re: Forum navigation

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by Fishsta, Nov 28, 2002.

1. Fishsta

Fishsta Active Member

Would it be possible to make the logo in the top left a link to the front page?

It would make getting back to the entrance of the site to "View new posts" easier. :)

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Forum navigation
    link
  3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hey Fishsta,

Of course... good idea - consider it done!! :D

Incidentally there are 3 ways to get back to the main screen...

• 1 - Click on the logo top left - as just modified
      2 - Click on theMouthpiece.com graphic on the top of the page
      3 - Click on theMouthPiece.com Forum Index text just below the main header

Hope this helps...keep 'em coming folks.

4. Fishsta

Fishsta Active Member

Cheers!

I hadn't noticed the link at the top (theMouthPiece.com)....

Good job, Mr Webmaster! 8)

5. TheMusicMan

No problemo! - anything I can do to help...

Incidentally, Queen... saw then at Nebworth when FM wore that famous Red Regal Robe - and WOW, what a concert, just fantastic.

I am on the album cover somewhere!!! :D

I am working with Steve Hackett at present - not in person I might add - but I am trying to arrange one of his pieces for Band. I have been in contact with him/his agent to move things forward... interesting stuff...

6. Tubby the Tuba

Tubby the Tuba New Member

Spectral Mornings ?

re: Steve Hacket piece, not Spectral Mornings by any chance ?

7. TheMusicMan

hey TtT...

No it's not Spectral Mornings, it's actually ...'Walking Away from Rainbows'. What a beautiful song that is - and fantastic guitar playing as well. I am also the proud owner of a Korg karma Music Workstation Synthesiser which has just the most fantastic sound capabilities et al, it also has a built in 16 track sequencer. I have recorded the backing 'synth strings' effect from the music I received from Mr H. on several of these tracks (though I am not a keyboard player so found this very hard :? ) and have applied a whole manner of musical effects to this... sounds great.

From this I can then import into Cubase/Sibelius and work from there. Unfortunately I had a total hard-drive failure a week or so ago and have lost the midi file I had created... my daughter has used the original sheet music copy I received from Mr H keyboard player as a 'scribble pad' and I am therefore a bit knackered at present :? . I shall need to contact them again *eats humble pie* to get another copy.

If I ever get it done, would be happy to share for opinion...

I gather you must like Steve Hacket stuff then... have you heard the "Genesis Revisited" track? Opens with brilliant weird sounds and effects building into "Dance on a Volcano" ... WOW. I really wish I had more ability to do arrangements because I firmly believe some of Genesis music would be great scored for band. They tend to use a lot of 5/4, 7/8 non standard time sig stuff which always adds that 'interesting' element to music in my opinion. Take Phillip Sparke, Gregson etc....

I can see this thread turning into a real e-music/synth topic... just up my street... :D

Incidentally... here's my synth...

[​IMG]