Subscriptions: Is anyone NOT receiving theirs...?

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by TheMusicMan, Dec 23, 2005.

1. FlugelD

FlugelD Member

Email notifications seem to have dried up again - for a couple of days, they all arrived in a single batch, but for the past couple of days, nothing....

I've checked User CP settings, nothing appears to be amiss there, and there's email from other sources being delivered OK.

Anyone else having this problem, or is it time for me to start getting paranoid? ;)

2. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

I've not had any for ages either. I don't mind because i log in almost every day so am able to keep up under my own steam. Nothing had changed for me. changed internet provider but its been happening since way before that.

3. FlugelD

FlugelD Member

So it's just me and Di? tMP has stopped sending emails to two houses roughly 2-3 miles apart, but is working for everyone else? :confused:

Or is it 'cos we're flugel players.... :eek:

4. MrsDoyle

MrsDoyle Supporting Member

It's me too... mine have gone... same with PM notifications.

Maybe it's some kind of combined assault against Horns and Flugels :eek:!

;-)

5. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hmmm, I have checked the settings, and the default is still to receive instant email notifications. I'll do some more tests but I am receiving mine... are you certain they're not going to SPAM or rubbish bin, and that you definitely are subscribed to the threads you should be receiving notification mail from...?

6. MrsDoyle

MrsDoyle Supporting Member

They now appear to be fine...

Thanks John

7. FlugelD

FlugelD Member

I'm currently subscribed to over 500 threads (and some have had recent updates...)

The email address in question is rather basic - no spam settings (that are user-accessible, anyway) - so I've changed to a different address, and I'll get in touch with the email admin to see if they have any ideas (although other mail arrives OK)

8. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

Yes and yes. I check my junk mail every time I log in too (barely get 2 a day in it) and my subscribed threads are all present and correct which is how I currently check them. I have changed nothing but the stopped a good year ago.

I'm with Derek, 2 flugelers in close proximity?...... its a conspiracy I tell you!!!! ;)

9. FlugelD

FlugelD Member

I changed email address, and notifications now arriving OK. :clap:

So now, of course, I'm going to change back... :biggrin:

10. FlugelD

FlugelD Member

And, having gone back to the previous email address, everything seems to be OK.

:confused:

11. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

Well I have kept the same email address since I joined........ done nothing to it apart from change my background to pink....... damn this need for aesthetic pleasingness!!! :roll:

12. Getzonica

Getzonica Active Member

i've stopped recieving mine.....it stopped yesterday....