stupid rumours in banding.

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by jcowensEb, Oct 30, 2009.

1. jcowensEb

jcowensEb Member

why do people start rumours in banding, i don't see the point and it just makes the person involved feel bad.

does the person starting these rumours feel good about them selfs or do they have a plan to get you back to a band u have left??

thers some silly people in the banding world and they just need to sort their lives out!!!!

i'v had an experience of this and made me feel that my seat was going to end in my band and i was going to get sacked,
    it wasn't just me the rumour was about either.
  2. Steve

Steve Active Member

Because without it, the page hits on forums like tmp, news sites like 4br and sales of publications would decrease which would adversely effect ads revenue. Same as newspapers and broadcasters do with football rumours, it sells.

People outside of that do it because they have nothing better to do, always have and always will. Unfortunately people don't seem able to talk frankly anymore and just go to the root of a rumour and that is not banding, its life.
  3. Getzonica

Getzonica Active Member

I don't really see the point of spreading rumours cos it's not really the right thing to do.
  4. jcowensEb

jcowensEb Member

i agree, the person who started this nearly made me leave my band because i thort me and a friend was going to be sacked.
  5. Bayerd

Bayerd Active Member

I start rumours to see how long they take to get back to me. Having said that, mine tend to be about test pieces chosen rather than deliberately stirring things about bands or individuals.
  6. jcowensEb

jcowensEb Member

well rumours like that are not bad atall, because your not belittleing anyone and making them feel like sh*t.
  7. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

come on be honest, we all love hearing rumours/gossip, wether it is about our favourite band/football team/celebrity or anything else. Its a bit of fun.
  8. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hey Steve - that's a bit harsh there, implying the tMP is implicit in this. You suggest that tMP knowingly posts information based on unfounded rumours and accusations for the sake of selling more adverts!!! Quite simply, this is just not correct and I must admit, do find this a little offensive, especially coming from a long term member such as yourself.
  9. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

I don't think that is what Steve is getting at. tMP is a forum, so nobody is directly responsible for 'bumping up' the audience figures at it's content is provided by it's members. Apart from a little gentle moderation, threads run their course without being steered anywhere. Perhaps Steve is suggesting that tMP has become popular by being a vibrant forum with some quite often forthright views - we need only to look at the recent British Open and Webstergate threads.

However, I will agree with Steve about 4BR. They frequently fuel the fire of controversy. One only need look at their editorials - sweeping statements followed by an invitation to comment. As for their 'live' reports and their attempts at humour, I'm surprised Iwan Fox hasn't been lamped by now!
  10. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hi Duncan - I hope I have misinterpreted what Steve states.
  11. Dago

Dago Member

I agree with the above. 4BR have now got to the point at which their editorials are designed to spark controversy and are actively seeking to destroy individuals and organisations. Likewise, their commentaries on contest performances have degenerated into insults to players, conductors and bands, often leading to false hopes prior to the 'real' results announced by the adjudicators. Added to this is their implicit favouritism of certain bands/individuals who are lauded in every line of text by the editor! I am surprised that advertisers continue to support this kind of 'gutter' journalism?
  12. Getzonica

Getzonica Active Member

Yes.....only if the gossip is true........
  13. Bayerd

Bayerd Active Member

As long as the traffic to the site is high enough to get a return on investment, the advertisers will advertise. It has nothing to do with the content of the site.
  14. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

I don't think this is something that only happens in banding...
  15. Queenie

Queenie Member

personally i think that some rumours are started purely from misunderstandings, but some people do like to set out on the whole malicious route. speaking from experience i think it's laughable the lengths that some people will go to scare you into leaving a band or something similar.
  16. jcowensEb

jcowensEb Member

i think it's laughable the lengths that some people will go to scare you into leaving a band or something similar.[/quote]

is it possible we are thinkin of the same person:)

wonder when we are getting sacked lol.:D:D

the silly girl:clap:
  17. Queenie

Queenie Member

Oh Jonny, at least we go through everything together :) i might have to start writing down the rumours that go round about me. i'll have a book in no time
  18. jonny. ya sacked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol:clap: when can i get sacked.:confused:
  19. Columbo

Columbo Member

I wouldn't sack you Rick! I enjoyed rehearsal on Wednesday. Spread THAT rumour!! LOL. Band played very well mate with great sounds at times. AND TOGETHER!
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2009
  20. thanxs jason, it was good on wed, i enjoyed it! the warm ups are a good idea! another one was with a hymn tune (carn't remember which number) playing it quaver then in semis then triplets, finnish off as writen, normaly it sounds all together with richer sound. we did that kind ov stuff years ago when michel fowles came down. any way back to subject!!!! its fun hearing rumers or banding life wouldn't be the same. any one heard the one at ................................... lol