Students looking for Sheffield band (1st Section)

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by timbloke, Aug 8, 2004.

1. timbloke

timbloke Member

i couldn't resist it either...

if you're back row cornet or percussion - then come to Stannington Band, a few stops on the tram from uni. 1st section band, a bit more of a challenge, if thats what you want.

also if you're orchestral then i have contacts at both Sheffield Symphony and Sheffield Philharmonic Orchestras.

PM me for details.

2. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Re: Another first section band (near sheffield)

Oh no you can't. Tim & I got our threads chopped (not sure that quite reads right) and moved elsewhere. It will only be a matter of time before Mr or Ms Moderator catch on to your game and give you your own little thread.

3. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Top marks for observation :!:

Makes things a lot clearer to have separate threads, and it's not really fair to hi-jack someone else's advert/announcement :twisted:

4. timbloke

timbloke Member

Its true that hijacking a thread isn't nice. But in someways by keeping all the "CALLS FOR SHEFFIELD STUDENTS" together in one place it means the prospective students have the choice.

And as I've got very good friends in all the bands mentioned, I've got no problems with summarising the Sheffield band scene for prospective students/others.

So to summarise -

Stocksbridge Band; Champion Section; contact ukdrummerboy; rehearse Mon/Thurs in Stocksbridge; currently seeking principle/tutti cornet, flugel horn, percussionist; www.stocksbridgeband.co.uk

Stannington Brass Band; 1st Section; contact timbloke (me!); rehearse Sun/Thurs in sheffield near Malin Bridge tram stop (hence the nearest to the uni); currently seeking 1 back row cornet and 1 percussionist only; has a good training band for all ages who may want to learn; www.stanningtonbrassband.org.uk

Chapeltown Silver Band; 1st Section; contact hilarymateer or blades4ever; rehearse Mon/Fri in Chapeltown; currently seeking tutti cornet, principal trombone, bass trombone & principal euphonium; www.chapeltownband.org.uk

Barnsley Building Society Brass Band; 1st Section; contact zuzanna or geordiecolin; rehearse Mon/Thurs in Worsborough, Barnsley; currently seeking principal euphonium, front row and percussion; www.bbsbb.co.uk

Dronfield (CMW) Band; 4th Section; contact pythagoras; rehearse Sun/Tues in Coal Aston (just south of Sheffield); all players welcome (not sure who in particular is needed); also has a training band

Ireland Colliery Chesterfield Brass Band; 4th section; contact IJK; rehearse in Staveley near Chesterfield; currently seeking Eb and Bb bass; has a training band; www.freewebs.com/iccbb/index.htm

Killamarsh Silver Band; non-contesting; rehearse Sun/Weds in Killamarsh; currently seeking front row but all players more than welcome, as it happens there are regular players from all of the above bands in Killamarsh; www killamarshsilverband.org.uk

------------

For completeness i'll mention others that are in the area but haven't posted anything recently on here... Strata (second section); Outibridge (thrid section); Deepcar (Non-contesting as far as i know although may have restarted); and, Cresswell (4th Section). There are more over towards Rotherham, and out into the peaks, and a few other non-contesting local bands (eg Loxely). I can get contacts at all if people are interested.

Also I'll add that any orchestral players should contact either myself, tubafran or zuzanna, who have contacts in Sheffield Symphony and Sheffield Philharmonic.

5. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Woah! Tim is like the Sheffield band guru!!

Good work!

Other S.Yorks bands (not that you'd want to join em.... :wink: ) can be found here

6. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Sheffield Students