Student Loans...or lack of!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Andy_Euph, Oct 22, 2004.

1. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Anybody else still waiting on powers that be to get there **** into gear and get there money?
  2. Andy, have you tried ringing them and giving them a serious piece of your mind?! Worked for me :-D .... I got mine last week, after my landlord threatened to evict me - HARSH :mad: ... so I rang student loans, went absolutely completely and utterly beserk at them and told them if it wasnt pushed forward, I would be homeless :) Amazingly enough, the money was in my account 2 days later. It's amazing what can happen when you're assertive enough.

My mate did the same thing after I told him, and he got his too :-D

But goodluck... because I know how CR*P it is without one!!!! You have my sympathy!
  3. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

LOL yeah well the amount of times my dads rang me local authorities is stupid and they are just talking out of there backside.

Apparently i got confirmation today that they are gonna pay my fee's...nice of them as they need to be paid on monday!:mad:

One word......

4. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

It's nice to know things haven't changed since I ws in college. :)

Do what she says andy. Ring them yourself and lay it on thick. Threaten to camp on their doorstep if you get evicted.
  5. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Yea, i echo that... ring them up yaself.............. and threaten to sue :p...

well.... just keep at them anyway :lol:

6. Jo Elson

Jo Elson Member

well i got my loan end of september, even though that was late. But it was said that there was a problem with all first year loans, and that they would be giving a reimbersing all those who it affected. At the uni I go to loads of us had to go into our overdraft because our tuition fees had to be paid in the first week and we had no loan, so the loans company gave a kind of good will gesture of extra money to some.
  7. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

I'd like to suggest to you all that you bear in mind that the person on the other end of the telephone is not the person who makes the policy and who is delaying the loan payment. So please remember to be courteous. It is possible to be courteous and assertive. Swearing is not assertion, it is aggression. There is a huge difference.

</public service announcement> ;)
  8. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

andy lad mibbes thi cannae oonderstan yeon the phoon like.. ??
  9. HBB

HBB Active Member

10. I never once swore at the guy I spoke to... but he is there for a reason... it is his job, and had I not been so assertive, Im pretty certain I'd have got no where - just like the previous 2 times where I got no result at all. People take on those jobs knowing people will call with complaints... and besides... THEY were getting paid!! I wasn't!! :p
  11. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

My English may finally be getting better :-D . I think he said "Maybe they cannot understand you on the phone?"
  12. HBB

HBB Active Member

... like ... :D
  13. brassybabe

brassybabe Member

keep checkin ur balance mate. i got mine today. at last!!!!!!!!! :D

Elaine xxx
  14. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

WHOOHOOO! thats great dude!

There's hope for you guys yet! :)

(rather you than me though! LOL!!! sorrrrrrry!) *runs*
  15. jonford

jonford Member

Mine came through the day they stated, early September. Must have been one of the lucky ones! Although I did get my form in early, I still know a lot of people who are waiting and are living in overdrafts!
  16. Nuke

Nuke Active Member

yea i got my loan on the day it was supposed to arrive. and to make you feel better a £500 cheque a couple of days later off the uni aswell. Sweet.
  17. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Mine was a week late this year. I wouldn't worry andy, northumberland LEA are sooo inept.

I was working at County Hall in the planning dept over the summer and dropped my financial form off to their office, in person. They didn't acknowledge it as having arrived for 3 weeks!!

It then took them 3 months to decide that they are going to contribute the amazing sum of......... £35 towards my fees. They made me miss the postal re-registration date and i ended up queing to register for 2 hours at uni. I also had to wait for my loan.

Northumberland LEA are dead slow. You'll get it eventually!
  18. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Got mine just in time... took £20 out of a cash machine on a sunday, got my loan on monday morning, had £13 in my account...
  19. six pints

six pints Active Member

too true, too true! got mine on thursday, my form was only slightly late and thats cos they said we could do it online. muppets.

hang in there andy!
  20. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

I got mine on time. I have none left . I love my overdraft and credit card.