Student loan form.....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by sugarandspice, May 16, 2007.

1. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

I have just attempted to complete my student loan request online (has anyone else tried this new fangled way of applying?! )

Basically, i finished entering my details and it said it didnt need any parental evidence, and now my status is saying awaiting parent information. so i'm confused! This is my 3rd year of applying- i can't remember if i had to re send my parents income details last year or not?! anyone any ideas?

any help would be appreciated- but please can we not turn this into a "should tax dodging students derserve loans to spend on alcohol debate please!" cos i really don't care i just want to know if i've completed the application properly or not!
  2. jenzi

jenzi Member

I'm just finishing my 3rd year and I applied for mine online this time around. I thought I'd give it a go and found it loads easier. But I didn't get all that stuff about parental information. Hmmm...I'm not too sure what to suggest!

I have had problems with it before applying through the post and was straight online applying when I found out about it. No problems and it's all sorted for next year!
  3. LJ_Flugel

LJ_Flugel New Member

I applied online to get my loan for this year and it went completely wrong! It wouldn't let my parents sign in to give their information on income, then the finance people somehow messed everything up by changing it from income assessed to non income assessed and decided not to let me have any loan or income assessed fees. I ended up having to ring them loads of times then eventually cancelling my request and doing it all again on paper. I got my loan in the end but they have sent at least three more forms for my parents to fill in asking for the same information every time. They still don't seem to have properly decided how much I need to pay for my fees though as they keep sending me letters with different amounts on, even though I have now finished for this year! :confused: I think I will apply on paper again for next year!
  4. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

I've done mine the old fashioned way...and it all seems to make sense...I guess I will know if I've done it right in September when my money may or may not come through!