Student banding?

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by barmycarmy, Aug 22, 2007.

1. barmycarmy

barmycarmy New Member

Hi, I am a euph/bari player in Yorkshire. I am moving to sheffield in late September to start university, and therefore can't continue to play at my current band due to time and work commitments etc. However, I would like to keep on playing and keep my lip in if possible. Does anyone know of a band near to the city centre of Sheffield that would welcome a student? I am only looking for a band from section 2 or 3? Any ideas would be appreciated!! Thanks :D
  2. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

I am sure Dronfield Band would welcome you. I believe they are 3rd Section. I played there when I was a student at Sheffield Uni. There are members on here so I am sure they will pick up the thread. They used to recruit at the freshers fair and provide lifts etc.
  3. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

Yes we are 3rd section and are always interested in new players. Please pm me if you want any details.

There's also Killamarsh band, who are non-contesting but of a good standard (winners of most entertaining band at Stocksbridge bandclub for 2007), who are also just outside sheffield.
  4. barmycarmy

barmycarmy New Member

Thanks sparkling_quavers......i will look out for them at the freshers fair!
  5. rspencer5855

rspencer5855 New Member

Oughtibridge Band would welcome you - and not far from the City Centre.

We are undertaking a number of contests and always looking build and strengthen the group. You would be a valuable asset. Lifts could be arranged