Stuart Pullin

Discussion in 'Obituaries - Unregistered visitors can post here' started by andyp, Feb 21, 2006.

1. CLAIRE SPONG

CLAIRE SPONG Member

Just want to add my condolences to everyone elses. I never knew Stuart but have found his posting on this thread inspirational and very moving.

2. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Stuart Pullin

I had the privilege of being at Salford Uni the same time as Stuart, albeit, he was a few years older! I can only say I am glad that I met him, played his music, and sat in a band conducted by him. I Think the biggest measure of a man is the void left by his departure, and judging by all of the comments on here, we are left with a void only Stuart could fill. Thank you for everything,
    Gavin White.

3. AEHOWGATE

AEHOWGATE Member

I was in the same year at Salford Uni with Stuart, he was the most musically gifted student there, a wizzard on the piano and a first class arranger, God bless you Stewart, your talent lives on, not only in your music, but through all the wonderful work you did in teaching and inspiring youngsters.
    Aidan Howgate.

4. the_special_one

the_special_one New Member

I used to live down the road from stuart and was always amazed with the amount of work he did with the youth players and banding in general in the area .He was a great bloke and a good mate. rest in peace stuart

5. honey bun

honey bun Active Member

Thats such sad news. I didn't know Stuart but from reading previous posts he was a very popular and talented man who will be sadly missed by many.

Condolsences to his family and friends from all at Raunds Temperance

6. Tom Johnson

Tom Johnson Guest

Stuart

It was a privilege to know Stuart. So much talent! I thoroughly believe he was going to be a future Open test piece writer. No! I know he was going to be. It was also a privilege to have him conduct and play one of his pieces at a contest and win. That was a great day. The word genius is banded about rather flippantly these days but Stuart was a genius. It is a great shame he will never get to write that Open test piece. I know he was definitely good enough. This is indeed a very sad loss.

God Bless
    Tom Johnson
    and everyone at Hesketh Bank Band.
    Our library is richer for Stuart having conducted us.
    Thank you Stuart
    RIP

7. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Sincere condolences to all the family. It was a privilege to know him.

Our thoughts & prayers are with you at this time.

Sue MacDonald
    (on behalf of Wingates Band)

8. andyp

andyp Active Member

I'd like to take this opportunity to say a very big and heartfelt thankyou.

To everyone who has rung, posted on here, sent cards, sent emails, texts, carrier pigeons, smoke signals or whatever.

To everyone who came today, and those who were unable to but sent their best wishes and are thinking about us.

To the whole banding community all over the world, which Stuart and I have been privileged to be part of for more years than I care to remember!

(With apologies to John Miles - but I don't think it can be said any better.)

Music was his first love, and it would be his last.

Music of the future, and music of the past.

To live without his music, would be impossible to do.

In this world of troubles, his music pulled him through.

Sleep well, little brother.

9. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

And I defy anyone to read that without getting at least a lump in their throat.

Beautiful words Andy, I hope you and your family are coping with your grief.

RIP Stuart.

10. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

I look at this thread everyday still. Stuart, you are still in our thoughts and our heartfelt support goes to Donna and Andy.

Stuart kept us uplifted via this thread I think we all took something from his words. I don't like seeing that the last post was a week ago, I don't want Donna or Andy to think that we have all forgotten.

Is there a way we can keep it going but in a positive way?

Posts that can still uplift us, something bright that we can take each day and give us some comfort, like a positive thought for the day or something that's made us smile.

11. Blagger

Blagger Member

God bless you Staurt
    only met you a few times.
    will make sure I give my regards to Andy next time we beat (meet) him at a contest :clap: :clap: :clap:

12. Blagger

Blagger Member

Good idea - I'll have a go :
    was talking at rehearsal tonight to a mate and I dont know how we got onto it but this funny story cropped up -

His family has two cats - both of which are ill. They have been trying to prepare their young (4&5 years) kids to cope with the impending loss by saying that when the cats have "gone away" they can have a dog.
    One cat was due to go to the vets - so they said to the kids that she "might not come back" i.e "go away"
    Youngest daughter then says " Can we have half a dog then Daddy"?
    made me smile anyway:p

13. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Really late notice this but if anyone's in the St Helens area this evening, come down to St James' church in Haydock. Valley Brass (Haydock) are hosting a film night with a selection of music from the big screen, and most pieces have been arranged by Stuart Pullin. Anyone who fancies a good night, come down, pay on the door!

14. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

One year on and you are still very much in our thoughts Stuart. We still find to impossible to believe you're not here. We all miss you! We hope that you're well Donna.

Amy, Sarah, Danny, Danny, Chelle & Mark x

15. Blagger

Blagger Member

Your memory lives on mate - played your arrangement of deep harmony at a concert with Leyland band a few weeks ago - just beautiful :)

16. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

Can't believe it's been a year gone so quickly. Only seems like yesterday when Stuart was giving us updates on his health. I never knew him personally, but like so many on here, I felt I knew him through this forum.

What always touched me (and made me smile) was that Stuart was obviously in a great deal of pain, but in his posts, he was more worried about whether or not people liked the music he was writing!

17. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Stuart Pullin - Chorley Silver Band (Youth)

Lovely to read everyones thoughts and comments regarding the inspiring Stuart Pullin, just wanted to let you all know that his spirit lives on in Chorley Silver Band (Youth) with the annual awarding of the Stuart Pullin Memorial Award for commitment, dedication and improvement. We've been working hard to pull the band through what was a very difficult 18 months and are now back at full strength and looking forward to the future, please take a look at our website and contact us for further details if interested.