Stuart Pullin

Discussion in 'Obituaries - Unregistered visitors can post here' started by andyp, Feb 21, 2006.

1. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

Stuart was one of the most humble, caring guys anyone could be fortunate enough to know. I'm glad I could count myself in that number.
    See you on whatever the other side brings mate.
    Deepest sympathies to Donna and to everyone that was close to him.

Aidan.

2. gawber

gawber Active Member

Rest in peace Stuart, may your memory live on through your music.

Thoughts and prayers to Donna, and to Stuart's family and friends, may you find comfort in his music.

3. Maz

Maz New Member

I'd just like to echo everyone else and express my sadness and dismay at Stuart's passing.

I got to know Stuart when we were both studying here at Salford Uni. I think Stuart was in his final year when I was in my first year, but he always took the time to speak to us lowly first years and make us feel welcome- that was the kind of guy I knew him to be, always friendly, always take the time to talk to you whenever you met him, always give you a lift if you needed it, in that little mini metro of his!

Stuart was an exceptionally talented musician - whether as a composer or arranger, on tenor horn or euphonium, on organ or piano, or even whistling there was always music about when he was around.

On behalf of all the staff and students at the University of Salford I'd like to pass on my condolences to Stuart's family, especially to Donna, but a special mention to Andy, Stuart's brother, who I hope is taking some comfort in the number of messages posted on here.

Hope to see you at the funeral next week.

4. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

David Read

I never knew Stuart, but along with many others I would like to say how much he inspired us all, with the fortitude and courage he displayed during his terrible terminal illness.
    Knowing full well how they will feel at the present time, I would like to express my sincere condolence to his wife and family

5. Sharpy

Sharpy Member

I remember Stuart from my Salford days. A great bloke, massively talented and humble with it. Music has lost a great talent and the world has lost a really nice bloke.

RIP

6. foxyflug

foxyflug Member

Rest in peace Stuart. Our condolences to all the family.

Helen Fox & Glyn Williams.

7. welshmike

welshmike Member

Tragic Loss

Terribly sad news that my friend, former band collegue at YBS and Salford and unbelievebly talented guy Stuart Pullin has passed away.

Words can't express my sadness right now. All of my thoughts are with Stuart's family.

Such a tragic loss.

Mike and Nikki Jones

8. johnydicko

johnydicko New Member

Not many have the honour to rehearse a test piece with the composer and win the contest .At Hesketh Bank i did . A proud moment never to be forgoten. A sad loss to music as im sure even greater things were to follow.Our thoughts are with Donna and both families .A nice guy who never had a bad word against anyone .
    Rest in peace Stuart
    John ,Lynne ,Ellen and Georgia

9. donaldducky

donaldducky New Member

Stuarts Funeral will be on Thursday 13th September at The United Reformed Church, Liverpool Rd, Penwortham, near Preston. The Church is set back in grounds down a driveway opposite the Police Station. The Service will start at 10.30am. He will then be buried at Chorley Cemetery, Southport Rd, Chorley Lancashire. There will then be refreshments for people at St.Josephs Club, Harpers Lane, Chorley. Stuart said that everyone would be welcome to attend.
    Regarding flowers, Stuarts family have asked that people do not send them. They really appreciate peoples thoughts and condolences but there are many hundreds of people who could send such a gift. I dont think it takes much imagination to see where this could lead. If anyone wishes to send a card to Donna or a donation to the leukemia trust that Stuart founded (SPLAT) this would be most welcome.
    Stuart and Donna's address is available by sending a private message to me.
    There have been many offers of help on the day of the funeral. As Donna is still very upset these things are not decided but she wishes to thank everyone for their kind words. If there is anymore news I will let you know.

Dave Chadwick

10. tubaloopy

tubaloopy Member

RIP "Mozart"

Glad I had chance to catch up with you at Eilir and Anna's wedding.
    We spent a good while chatting with you and your fantastic wife and I know that you were prepared for the worst.
    I'm just so sad that it came too soon.

My most sincere condolences to all the family, especially Donna who has been a rock. The love that oozed from your partnership was obvious for everyone to see.

Jon Davies

11. Big Gav

Big Gav Member

Thinking of all of Stuarts family at this time.
    Extremely upsetting for all who knew him.
    A great lad ( a colleague from Salford and Yorkshire Building Society Band).

You will be missed SP.

12. bassinthebathroom

bassinthebathroom Active Member

I've only just seen this news, and what sad news it is. Like many on here, I didn't know Stuart personally, but through here and his visit to the bandroom when I was still at Leyland, and our mutual connection at Jagrins, it was clear that he was a dedicated and passionate musician.
    Banding is much poorer for having lost him.
    With deepest sympathies to Stuart's family at this time from all at Flixton Band.

13. flashbarry

flashbarry Member

Condolences to Donna and Stuart's family.

I am glad that despite all his suffering he kept on writing, I am sure it gave him great comfort. Let's hope we hear his work!

Rest in peace.

Darrol & Rachael

14. floral_dance

floral_dance Member

Would just like to add my condolences to what has already been said. My thoughts and prayers are with Donna and the rest of the family. So very sad to hear this news.

15. A message from Arizona, U.S.A.

Stuart was our (second) cousin and we join you all in sending
    our condolences across the pond to Donna and Andrew, and
    all in Stuart's family. While the geography between us is
    vast, please know we share your sadness.

16. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

I've just heard this terribly sad news. RIP Stuart - as many have already said, may you live long through your music.

My thoughts and best wishes are with Stuart's family at this awful time.

17. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

My heart felt condolences go out to Donna and Stuart's family. So glad I was able to see him before his passing. So many memories; bron-y-gader with Valley Brass, taking time to play piano for my college performances, sat on Bb Bass next to him playing Eb at Marple Band.

I will never forget having the opportunity to play your arrangement of the cornet solo 'weiderkher'. I will always remember that personally.

Rest in peace Stuart

Mark Hart

18. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

I never met him , but his reputation speaks volumes .
    May he rest in peace and rise in glory
    Phil

19. donaldducky

donaldducky New Member

Just a reminder that Stuart's Funeral is this Thursday a Penwortham United Reform Church near Preston. There have been many offers of help regarding music for the service. The space for performing in the church is limited so a small group has been asked to play hymns etc. However, in order to allow everyone who would like to play to do so, bring your instrument and a copy of Slaidburn to play as the funeral cortege enters the church grounds.

Thanks
    Dave Chadwick

20. screamlead

screamlead Member

Rest in Peace Stuart

I studied at University College Salford for a year (1992) before moving on to the RNCM. I met Stuart there whilst we were on the same course.

I am deeply saddened by Stuarts untimely passing and pass my sincere condolences to his family and friends.