Strictly Come Dancing

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by bigmamabadger, Dec 2, 2004.

1. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Rather than hijack Cornetgirl's Musicality thread, here we go:
    Who should stay? Who should go? Is Craig Bag-of-Revels the nastiest man on the planet? Is there a Real Aled just waiting to burst out?
    [dream]Anton: smart, masterful, smiley, sadistic...[/dream]
    I don't care, I love it! Love the dresses, the suits, not sure about slightly camp black netting for the boys, but all good fun nonetheless.
    Walzing Badger
  2. Heather

Heather Member

Come on Julian!!!
  3. kate_the_horn

kate_the_horn New Member

loving it- the only decent programme on TV
    i think a band social, ala dance class is in order!!

kk x
  4. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

Oooooh I love this programme!

I want Denise and Ian to go out tomorrow - they're too smug and competitive for my liking and they seem to think they've already won it.

Loving Julian and Erin - they're so sweet - and I want Valerie the dog to get a starring role in their next dance!

Aled is ace (and rather cute too) and is getting better by the week.

And I think Jill will win it because she's very natural on the floor.

Makes me want to start dancing again - I used to do ballroom and latin at Uni, but I haven't a chance of getting Beaker on the dance floor. I'll fight BMB for Anton instead (bonjour!!!)

Rach x
  5. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

OK, which wise guys voted Aled out???????

So not impressed???

And his Mr. Bag of Revels had his teeth whitened or should I adjust the contrast on my tv? I think we should be informed!

Rach x
  6. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

The result on Friday underlined for me what I thought last year, ie that, in the later stages of the competition at least, the scoring should be weighted in favour of the experts. It is true that Julian Clary has improved greatly over the weeks, but there is no way he is, or will ever be, a dancer, whereas Aled has really taken to it, and should have made the final.
  7. ratley

ratley Member

I agree with all the abouve except for one thing....

Anton is MINE!!!! :D
  8. IckleSop

IckleSop Active Member

Cant stand Bruce!
  9. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

Looks like Mr. Du Beke will have to loan himself to tMP for a few days.... can't see him as a brass player tho...

Rach x
  10. Fergus

Fergus Member

Devasted that Aled is out !!!
  11. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

I see him more as a mad organist...

Has the competition to buy Anton for a day finished? We could all club together and meet up somewhere in the middle and take turns... tres bon

We had a gig on Sat so I only found out this evening who went out. It really really shouldn't have been Aled. Julian's jive was mildly amusing, but utter rubbish, and while he has got better he's nowhere near the standard of the others. I agree that the judges should have more say towards the end of the series.

On a different note, I am a shorter, fatter Claudia Winkelman!
    (Bigger Mad Samba)