Strictly brass fever....perhaps??!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by ju33les, Apr 17, 2005.

1. ju33les

ju33les Member

Whilst watching Strictly Dance Fever (or whatever it's called ) last night , it struck me that it wasn't that long ago that ballroom dancing was considered old hat and was never shown on TV. 'Come Dancing' was long dead and buried and the world scoffed at the sight of formation dancing and cha-cha-cha's.

Now look at it.....prime time TV and celebrities galore involved in it....

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo:rolleyes:

When do you think that brass Bands will come back into to favour on the box?

OK, Best of Brass and Champion Brass were never great audience-pullers, but who knows??

Could it ever be possible that the same format could be applied to Banding?

Just a thought.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Strictly Dance Fever
    fever
    TV
    formation dancing
    world
  3. Just Crazy

Just Crazy Member

Maybe they should have a reality band show!!!!!! [​IMG]

4. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Well, it strikes me that the beauty of doing summer outdoor fetes (and London Marathon things like I did today) is that you get people saying "I had no idea you could play things like that!".

So... how about making it an entertainments contest with a public vote. A one hour 10 minute programme, with 4 bands getting 13 minutes each. (3 pieces?)

Onto the next question....

Who would you want presenting it?

5. Just Crazy

Just Crazy Member

I'm free if it means finding fame at last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Active Member

Maybe this is the way to go with contesting?
    With everyone complaining about the "man in the box" idea, maybe a public vote is the best way forward?

Heck, it's got to be more entertaining than some of the stuff they put on television

7. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

That could be quite good fun...

It could be difficult to do a 13 minute entertainment programme, but maybe it will help bands figure out what the audience really wants? I'd imagine you'd probably want to get three pieces in that time span...an opener, a solo and a finale.

They could even be set up as a tournament.

As I think out loud There are approximately (let's see 12x8 = 96) 96 championsip section bands so that would take 24 episodes to get through them all...might be a bit much.

Okay if you take the top six bands from each ares by the grading table, you could have 12 winners after 12 weeks. Then the top four vote getters from the non winning bands can get tossed in so there are 16 semifinalists.

4 more episodes (must be different entertainment programmes) and you are down to 4 finalists.

and a championship episode.

So we'd need a network commitment of 17 episodes to do half the championship section bands.

People could vote from the studio audience or text there votes in (for a small charge).

What kind of prize money could the networks afford and would still draw the top bands?

This could be run twice a year too!!

I can just see it now - "Band Fever Champions 2005 are...."

8. HBB

HBB Active Member

Ok, someone's getting far too excited... :)

9. persins

persins Member

That would be quality!!

It would certainly be better than some of the absolute dross that somehow seems to get onto the reality TV type genre.

10. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Thanks for the back up Persins!!!

HBB can be such a "cheeky Monkey" at times :p
    I keep wondering the financial aspectsof things and can't figure how (given some of the crap on the telly) a brass show coudn't make it...if advetised properly)

11. sevenhelz

sevenhelz Active Member

sounds fantastic *applauds* and when i'm rich and famous...
    xx

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Strictly Dance Fever
    fever
    TV
    formation dancing
    world