Strange things you see on Holiday!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by daisygemma, Jul 26, 2004.

1. daisygemma

daisygemma Member

Myself and BassBoneShep have just returned from a lovely 2 week break in the Vendee region of France (today is the first day back at work and this morning has been very painful!).

Anyway last week as we were wandering around one of the markets we heared the sound of brass instruments being played. On investigation we discovered two blokes busking outside one of the cafes one playing Bass and other other Euph.

Anyway to cut a long story short we discovered that the bass player was from Desford and the Euph from Yorkshire Imps and they had both just finished at the RNCM(I think).

I don't know if either of them are tMPers but I would just like to say that they sounded great and it was quite a novel thing to see and I hope they made plenty of money.
  2. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Welcome back flower...hope you're at band tonight...the money's making my gig bag un-carryable!!!
  3. ooooh, I got back off holiday yesterday! Its very depressing.... weather in England is just scandalous! Anyways, I saw a girl who was in my form at school in a bar in Gran Canaria! Was really weird -the same thing happened in Tenerife last year too!!
  4. daisygemma

daisygemma Member

Sorry won't be there tonight but will be on Wednesday!
  5. Alice

Alice Member

A few years ago now when I was about 7 or 8 I was staying in a hotel in France and I saw these twins from my year at school, they lived in my village, and they were staying in the same hotel as me I opened the door of the lift and they were standing in front of me! They're still in my form at college! Just can't get rid of them!
  6. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

Last year, one of my colleagues walked into her hotel only to find that the headmaster was also staying there - Bondi Beach, no less!
  7. Last time we went to the Eurotunnel my deputy head was there with a trolley full of wine. He turned round and had this huge conversation with my mum and dad. I quickly walked away! :oops:
  8. aimee_euph

aimee_euph Member

sat in some fish resteraunt in some tiny fishing village in Kos, Greece two years ago, and who walks past but my old history teacher. We ended up having a 20min conversation with him!! hehe
  9. ju33les

ju33les Member

:shock: When I first saw this topic I thught that myself and Timbone had been seen frolicking on the beach, beer bellies on show!
  10. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

not seen but heard

not so much seen but heard on holiday:

Just back from a cruise on the Disney Magic - the first time the ships horn went off did make me laugh - it plays the first 7 notes of "When you wish upon a star". Particularly amusing when we met another cruise ship who decided to start a ships horn battle - they had no answer to that!
  11. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

A few years ago we were in a small village in Greece (can't remember which one) and who should we see on the beach but two of the people who used to teach us and the rest of their family. Very small world!