Strange things online

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Queeg2000, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Queeg2000

Queeg2000 Member

2. Tom-King

Tom-King Well-Known Member

Unfortunately it'll be barely playable (I'm being charitable saying that)...

There have been some good quality ones made, but this isn't one of them.
  3. Queeg2000

Queeg2000 Member

I'm certainly not thinking of buying one, I was in the market for a used cup mute, but I actually found Normans were selling them brand new for less than they sell for second hand, so just ordered a new one. I caught a cold a few years ago with a cheap Indian four valve flugelhorn. The fourth valve was playing a full semitone sharp. To be fair to the seller, they did issue a replacement slide which made it much better, though wouldn't fit into the case. The second valve intonation however is very hit and miss and with the supplied mouthpiece it was unplayable.
  4. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

Philip McCann used to play "Alpine Echoes" with Dyke quite regularly on an echo cornet. They've been around for years and years, although I imagine that particular example is going to make a lovely vase for someone...
  5. Suzi Q

Suzi Q Member

Have no idea what it will sound like, but I do know that it looks pretty weird to me!

6. julian

julian Active Member

I'm lucky to have an 1895 Hawkes Excelsior echo cornet that is in excellent condition and plays in low pitch - It's great fun!!