Strange but true

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by 2nd man down, Dec 22, 2004.

1. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

The elephant is the only animal on earth that has knees but still cannot jump.

(feel free to add your own completely useless facts below, please.):rolleyes:

2. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

I don't know where I heard this or even if it's true but heck it's Christmas!! Anyway...

Apparently a cow can climb up stairs but can't climb down them. Moral: If you bring a cow home don't ever take it upstairs... :wow ;) :rolleyes:

3. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: *Pleads diminished responsibility* :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

4. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

I'll remember that for next time i want to take a cow upstairs :) thanx! :biggrin:

5. Vickitorious

It'll stop mum from coming upstairs to use my computer....She'd get stuck up here :shock:

6. 2nd man down

:shock: OUCH!!!

7. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Vicki - I'd just check to see if you have any pressies left under the tree after that remark..;) :lol: ;)

8. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

LOL... I dunno Vicki... ya mum goes out for 5 minutes.... and in no less than TWO threads, you assiociate her to a cow....

Charming :p

Remember what I said in the other thread!! :lol:

:-D ;) :p

9. Vickitorious

Actually it was about 2 hrs ;)

10. kate_the_horn

kate_the_horn New Member

a ducks quack doesn't echo!

kel x

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    facts
    animal
    elephant
    earth
    knees
  12. Naomi McFadyen

i was close :p

13. Naomi McFadyen

i wonder if my duck call thingy echos..... i'm sure it does... but it will be tested as well :p ;)

14. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

camels are the only living things (other than plants and trees etc) that cannot swim. And their humps don't hold water, but if you're ever stuck in a desert and you slice off one of their humps (as you do) you can live off the fat inside it, put the hump back and it heals itself and makes more fat! So you can live off one camel for your whole life.

(Providing the camel isn't emotionally scarred by the fact a random tourist is trying to eat it's fat and it goes drowns itself in the nearest cactus.)

15. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

If you have a cut put a spiders web or flour over it to stop the bleed.

If a sheep can get onto it's back, but can not roll back again on it's own

16. Craigsav83

Craigsav83 Active Member

I believe that when a starfish loses a limb, it grows a new one, and the limb grows a new starfish.

17. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

Wouldn't that mean that it would end up like a Siamese starfish?

18. Craigsav83

Craigsav83 Active Member

No. If a limb breaks off, the starfish will grow a new one. The loose limb will grow a new body.

Result = 2 starfishes! ;)

I believe this also happens with coral reef, although I would stand corrected if informed otherwise! :D

19. 2nd man down

It was always gonna be a female that admitted to knowing this one wasn't it? Now where did I put those velcro gloves?....:rolleyes:

20. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

What can I say,I'm a wealth of agricultural knowledge....

21. Mrs Womble

Mrs Womble Member

The longest recorded flight of a chicken is 13 seconds!!!!:p (Don't wanna be a pie, don't like gravy)

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    facts
    animal
    elephant
    earth
    knees