Stop the madness!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Rambo Chick, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Rambo Chick

Rambo Chick Member

I got sent this link.grrrrrrr.......

"Does your child have ADHD? Good news: now you can skip the line at the amusement park in the United Kingdom, thanks to new anti-discrimination laws. Children with attention-deficit disorders, a recognised psychiatric condition, can now queue- jump at theme parks because they cannot cope with the stress of waiting. Passes are given to those who can prove they have the condition, but teachers have criticised the scheme, saying it undermines their efforts to encourage patience. (Source: Times Online)"

Surely the 'anti-discrimination laws' are contradicting themselves by discriminating against people who don't have the condition!

This article just shows on so many levels why the UK is in the state it's in, in my opinion.
  2. I agree, Rambo Chick.

All this political correctness rubbish is the main problem behind everything.

Why can't everything be equal?
  3. Kjata

Kjata Member

That is truly shocking, and hypocritical as Rambo chick has said, discrimination against people who don't have ADHD!! :mad:
  4. scotchgirl

scotchgirl Active Member

To be honest, if I was in a queue with a child who has ADHD I'd rather they DID skip the queue....
  5. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Don't get me started on political correctness!!! How about two POLICEWOMEN who aren't allowed to look after each others children any more because they're not registered child carers?!?!?!?!??? This country is going to the dogs....and FAST!!! :mad:
  6. Kjata

Kjata Member

Sorry police women is not PC, it's discriminatory, it's police OFFICER
    lol!!! ;)
  7. This is not unique to the U.K.
  8. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

It may not be Bill.. but by heck the country is going to the dogs on political correctness... some of the rules are simply barking. It's madness honestly it is.

How about the photographer who was recently (this week) told by a council official that he couldn't take photos of the lady he was about to photograph (who was looking to get some promotional shots for her charity run). They were on the sand dunes adjacent to a beach where the woman trains. Said council official made sure they couldn't take any shots citing the need for a permit. Mad.... simple.
  9. I always cite the example of a letter I recieved years ago about it no longer being permissable to call a chorus "girl's chorus" or "boys chorus" We could still have them, but we must name them something not gender based, although soprano-alto was fine as well as tenor- bass. The really ridiculous part of this is that I was notified through the mail, and recieved no less than fifteen copies of the same letter, as the music supervisor, chairman of the music department, chorus director etc. was all me. And, you guessed it, I got one for the director of girl's chorus, and another for the director of boy's chorus.
  10. MrsDoyle

MrsDoyle Supporting Member

If I may say so, this whole Political Correctness malarkey is a load of bow locks. :ranting2:
  11. I have nothing against feminism or women's rights, but, i find it hilarious when women's rights activists demand that men and women are referred to as police/fire/ etc. etc. officers and not as policeman/woman.

I bet they'd be sreaming if all toilets were made unisex. ;)
  12. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Indeed you may say so... in fact I believe you just did :)
  13. themusicalrentboy

themusicalrentboy Active Member

14. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

Yes it does.
  15. Getzonica

Getzonica Active Member

I honestly don't see anything wrong with being a policewoman/policeman etc. If i did become one, I would be perfectly happy with being a policewoman...
  16. Rambo Chick

Rambo Chick Member

Yes, to the back of the line!!! It's stressful for ANYONE waiting a long time in a queue. Plus I've never noticed any child suffering because they're waiting in a theme park queue. Generally they just entertain themselves and wait like everyone else.

The sooner this kind of thing stops the better. I don't know what it will take and if it will ever stop. Maybe a non P.C. revolution?!
  17. themusicalrentboy

themusicalrentboy Active Member

fine, I, like many others, believe it doesn't exist. It's another excuse to allow bad behaviour, and although there could be a very VERY small minority with 'ADHD' there are a lot of horrible little snot-noses who use it to get out of behaving properly.
  18. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

I'm really glad that over here, things aren't as crazy as in the UK.
    But anyway, if the government would try to enact legislation or rules like that, nobody would probably oblige to it anyway. We are champions at avoiding laws :)
  19. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

These kids just need there legs slapping and taking out of the queue until they behave themselves. I think ADHD may exist but it was always managed before by discipline from parents and teachers. Put a label on it and give special treatment and then, like Chris says, soon every badly behaved child has an excuse to justify their bad behaviour.
    Its the same with dyslexia. It probably does exist but now every under-acheiver or lazy student has an excuse.
  20. MrsDoyle

MrsDoyle Supporting Member

nail hit firmly on head.