Stonesfield Silver Band, L&SC 1st Section

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by dbate, Apr 29, 2005.

1. dbate

dbate New Member

Oxfordshire band needs cornets

Edit: For current vacancies see most recent posts

Stonesfield Band is an ambitious but enjoyable first section band. Sometimes during practices, we all want to lay down our instruments and just listen to the haunting melody of our conductor singing the piece of music so much more proficiently than we can play it. So if there are any cornet players, front or back row, in the vicinity of north Oxfordshire, or wherever, who'd like to hear how singing (and to a lesser extent, banding) should be done, please let us know. All details of the band are on the website at www.stonesfieldsilverband.org.uk or drop me a line.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2007
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    L&SC 1st Section
    Oxfordshire
    Stonesfield Silver Band
    Stonesfield Band
    section band
  3. NeilW

NeilW Member

Stonesfield (Oxon): Cornets, Bb Bass & Solo Horn wanted

As in the subject:
    • Cornets (back row, though "negotiable")
    • Bb Bass
    • Solo Horn (in the near future, due to relocation)

needed for this friendly 1st section band (L&SC) north of Oxford conducted by Terry Brotherhood.

Rehearsals Mon/Thu 8-10pm near Kidlington.

Plans include:
    • Derby / Areas / [Entertainments somewhere in the summer] / Leicester / Leamington contests.
    • Various concerts / prestige park concerts through the year.
    • Possible European tour in the summer.
    • Probably do another CD too (locally recorded)

See http://www.stonesfieldsilverband.org.uk for full details. Either PM me, or contact one of the addresses from the website for full details.

The Bass will need to be up for the challenge of Voyage of Discover :icon_eek:

You know you want to.....

Neil.
    Solo Euph, Stonesfield.

4. Steve

Steve Active Member

Stonesfield are an awesome bunch, very friendly indeed

5. bennem

bennem Member

MD Required Stonesfield Silver Band North Oxfordshire

Stonesfield Silver Band is looking for a Musical Director to build upon this years 4th place in first section at the L&SC areas. The band is based in North Oxford and practice on a Monday and Thursday in Shipton-on-Cherwell village hall.

If you feel you might enjoy our love of music, taste for a challenge and social flair, then give us a call. A location map and a bit of background on the band can be found on our website.

Band Website: www.stonesfieldsilverband.org.uk
    Band Secretary: Cathy Wilkes 01295-720784 cat@stonesfieldsilverband.org.uk
    Chairman: Dave Bate 01265 510515 dbate@rm.com

6. CLAIRE SPONG

CLAIRE SPONG Member

If it's not too impertinent a question, what has happened to Terry? Used to be from your way several years ago and got to know Terry through mutual friends.

7. bennem

bennem Member

Your question isn't impertinent. There are no secrets.

As you will be aware Terry Brotherhood has been our MD for 10 very successful years taking the band from the 4th to the 1st section. But Terry has decided he wants a fresh challange and after a short break he will be looking for another band to conduct. Hence we have a vacancy for an MD.

Stonesfield are obviously sad to see him go after such a long and illustrious time together. But our loss is certainly another bands gain and we wish Terry every success in whatever direction his outstanding musical skills take him.

In the interim the band is being conducted by our bandmaster Andy Goff

Last edited: Jun 5, 2006
  8. CLAIRE SPONG

CLAIRE SPONG Member

That's good. Give him my best regards!
    I know Andy a little too, I used to play at Chalgrove with his brother!

9. andyh

andyh Supporting Member

I know Terry a little, as he was kind enough to come along and play 2nd Cornet (yes, really) with
    Woodbridge Excelsior at a contest last year. It was quite an experience for me to play alongside
    a player of his standard. He also conducted us at rehearsals and his experience certainly settled
    a few nerves prior to going on stage!

I wish him all the best in whatever his next challenge is.

Andyh

10. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

1) Terry Brotherhood was the man who took Kidlington from a little village band to the top section.
    2) Terry Brotherhood was the man who took Stonesfield from a little village band to the 1st section.
    3) The City of Oxford Silver Band are currently in a sadly incapacitated position, unworthy of their illustrious history.

1+2+3=6? A rejuvenated COSB would be a very good thing for Oxford banding...

Best of luck with your search for a conductor, by the way.

11. dbate

dbate New Member

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    L&SC 1st Section
    Oxfordshire
    Stonesfield Silver Band
    Stonesfield Band
    section band
  13. Simon_Horn

Simon_Horn Member

Stonesfield Silver Band (North Oxford area) - 1st section: seek happy brass players!

Stonesfield Silver Band is looking for a few additional players to enhance its motivated and talented team. If you are looking to join a forward thinking and sociable young (ish!!) brass band in North Oxford area then why not give us a call in confidence and come along for a blow on a Monday?

The band is going through some changes with the appointment of a new MD and so we are looking for select players to help us realise our goals for 07/08. We are confident to build upon our 4th place at 2006 L&SC areas.

If messy band politics is not your thing, but making good quality music in a motivated and supportive environment with other high calibre musicians...and you live within commutable distance of North Oxford, then Stonesfield is your next move! We may be in a position to offer lifts if required from London area and around Oxford area and we have good rehearsal facilities at the village hall in Shipton-on-Cherwell on Mondays and Thursday from 8pm.

In addition, if you are returning back to banding after some time off - or perhaps a developing player of about Grade 8 standard, then our supportive and friendly ethos should make Stonesfield your no.1 choice!

Give me a call to discuss if you like:
    Simon (MD) on 07796530718 or 01707 276007

Band Website: www.stonesfieldsilverband.org.uk
    Band Secretary: Cathy Wilkes 01295-720784 cat@stonesfieldsilverband.org.uk

14. Veri

Veri Member

Stonesfield Silver Band (L & SC 1st section) seek new MD

Stonesfield Silver Band, a friendly 1st section band based near Oxford, are currently seeking a new MD. We are looking to maintain a high standard of banding, during enjoyable rehearsals, under an MD who has an active role in furthering the musical talents of the band.

We rehearse at Shipton-on Cherwell, approx. 7 miles north of Oxford, on Mondays and Fridays, 8-10pm.

For more information about auditioning for the role and about the band, please contact Viv Jackson on: Viv.Jackson@thamesvalley.pnn.police.uk or 07971470225 or pm me.

www.stonesfieldsilverband.org.uk

15. Veri

Veri Member

New to the Oxford Area or studying at Oxford or Brookes University? Then why not visit Stonesfield Silver Band, 1st Section Contest and Concert Band with busy engagement diary. All players welcome.

www.Stonesfieldsilverband.org.uk

16. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

really nice friendly bunch, go and meet them if you're in the area (and can't fill our solo cornet vacancy)

17. knuxie35

knuxie35 Member

I enjoyed sitting in with this group back in January. Hope all is well.

Ken Friedrich