Stomvi Titan Eb Soprano Cornet (Copper Bell) Brand new.

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by djt1712, May 5, 2015.

1. djt1712

djt1712 New Member

[​IMG]
    Titan Eb Cornet -

This model has just been released and is creating a great deal of excitement amongst Soprano players. The sound and intonation are outstanding.
    Features:
    Bore: M 11.5mm
    Leadpipes: #8 & #9A (8 for standard mouthpieces and 9A for short style cornet mouthpieces)
    Bell: #20 - Bellflex or Copper
    Bell diameter: 114mm
    Nickel silver trim kit
    Onyx inserts finger buttons
    There are two one piece hand hammered bell options:
    Bellflex: The brightest sound, most suited to orchestral and wind band use.
    Solid Copper. Warmest, darkest and most mellow sound. Ideally suited to the brass band and solo work.
    Original Stomvi mouthpiece and lightweight Protec case included
    Brand new boxed complete additional lead pipe, mouthpiece, cornet case and spares. An amazing Cornet with a list price of over £3000. Currently the basic Bellflex instrument (not suited to Brass Band) is for sale with UK dealers for £2800, the Copper Bell is a more expensive option.
    This instrument is Brand new and in its original supply box from Valencia in Spain. It is a hand made and is an absolutely beautiful Soprano Cornet. Read the reviews, it is a staggering bit of kit.

£2400. I can deliver within West Yorkshire or secure postage can be arranged. PM me for details.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    buttonsThere
    Soprano
    Bellflex
    Stomvi Titan Eb Soprano Cornet
    Copper Bell
  3. JOCKBLAST!

JOCKBLAST! Member

I don't normally post on here but whoever you are you have got some facts about this instrument totally wrong!
    You are correct that it is causing excitement because it is a damn good instrument!!
    The bell options are bellflex and gold brass not solid copper. I haven't even got round to trying a copper bell so that does not exist! It may do if I think it may work!!
    To say that the Bellflex is not for brass band use is also wrong! I would say it is perfect for most sop players!!
    The gold brass is a more heavyweight instrument that probably wouldn't suit every player! A more orchestral instrument.
    I play a gold brass version as I need as much help as I can get in weight.
    If you had read the reviews then you would have known this!!! Lol!!
    All the best.
    Steve.

4. Hsop

Hsop Member

It caused them too much excitement that's why they are having to sell it.

5. djt1712

djt1712 New Member

Please read the attached description of the Cornet from Stomvi's own web site, hopefully they have their own description right ?
    http://www.stomvi.com/en/items/inst...del-5837-silver-bellflex-model-5842-lacquered
    There are two one piece hand hammered bell options:
    Bellflex: The brightest sound, most suited to orchestral and wind band use.
    Solid Copper. Warmest, darkest and most mellow sound. Ideally suited to the brass band and solo work.

6. carlwoodman

carlwoodman Member

While not being a soprano cornet player myself, I have heard good reports about the Stomvi Titan Soprano Cornet. I am sure that, if the sound and (especially) intonation are outstanding, then it will do really well for the company.
    I did hear that the British Army had acquired three for its brass bands but I am sure that there will be others who can confirm (or refute) this as appropriate.

However, in my varied playing experience over the years, I have never been aware of a requirement for a soprano cornet in an orchestra or a wind band so perhaps Stomvi might wish to market the Bellflex option in a more believeable way, as per Steve Stewart's comments above.

7. Soppy

Soppy Member

I purchased one of these in the Autumn (the Bellflex version). It is fantastic - better than a Shilke in my opinion.

Stomvi initially made a copper version - I tested one at the Trevada trade stand at Butlins in 2014. However, it has not been released (or at least released widely - there might be a few versions knocking around). I spoke to Trevada about this a few months ago, and they said that the feedback about the copper version was that the sound was too dull for most people, so Stomvi have gone ahead with the Bellflex instead.