Stolen items................ how odd!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Naomi McFadyen, Sep 19, 2004.

1. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

After going to my car on Friday evening and, much to my shock, noticed all 3 wiper blades and radio arial gone, I was wondering whether anyone else as had any small weird/strange things that have been stolen from you, but also cost you a lot to replace!
    (3 new wiper blades: just short of £26!)
    I have yet to replace the arial...

Frustrating! :ranting2: :hammer
  2. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

That's awful, Naomi! I am amazed that people think they can just take things from your car - it's a bit like some of the more "posh" cars where the badges used to get stolen a lot and people often didn't bother replacing them...
  3. Naomi McFadyen

Cheers Kirsty... Crazy isn't it!
    Why and how people have the nerve to do these kinda things I don't know.... :-(
  4. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

The kids in school had a passion for wheel nut covers, followed by tyre valve covers and then the rubber feet off lab stools.

I replaced the wheel nut covers with plastic alloys fixed on with cable ties but there was little I could do about the valve covers :(

There are now about 200 wonky lab stools in the science labs. Stupid or what?
  5. Naomi McFadyen

Very stupid indeed...
    Dunno what this obsession with kids and destorying things are... Chairs/stools seem to be victums of being damaged.... you should take them all away so the kids have nothing to sit on... see how grateful they'll be then! :lol:.... oh yea.... and chewing gum under tables seems to be a popular thing as well!... still.

I had new hubs put on my car a week ago and was surprised they were still on the car! They look like alloys though... at a glance... :lol: I would put these ties on them but most kids with this so-called "frame of mind" with stealing etc tend to have sharp objects on them, one snip and bingo!

6. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

we should bring back national service for all these little theiving :ranting2: 's and also adopt a few eastern customs of cutting the fingers off persistent offenders!! That might make them think twice!

they have no idea the misery they cause just cos they fancy having a laugh and nicking seemingly costless items like these.
    I'd personally like to volunteer to be one of the public punishers of these scum.

There we go, rant over for today.
  7. Naomi McFadyen

here here!
  8. mikelyons

I have always been in favour of bringing back capital punishment in schools
  9. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

erm can i be allowed a chair please, i have never put chewing gum under a desk, or took the bottom thingys off chairs,
  10. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

Thieving Magpies!
    Me and my mates were in the uni nightclub last night and they were giving away free glowsticks! (how cool...) anyway, i put mine in my shirt pocket and some rascal nicked it!
    One of my mates had one behind his ear...and it was pillaged!

We managed to get new ones at a cost of we found them on the floor!

Bl**dy students! :p

11. kate_the_horn

kate_the_horn New Member

i cant believe the idiots that do these seemingly meanless things!

i agree, go for the fingers.

kell x
  12. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Blimey...nuns aren't as forgiving as they used to be are they?!?!?
  13. mikelyons

From the stories my mum used to tell about being in a school run by nuns, they were never forgiving.
  14. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

My mate had his D-reg Austen Metro stolen a few weeks back, and when it was recovered, the £200 skiing jacket in the back was still there, but the radio (original with the car) had been nicked... now I'm not saying it was bad, but if there was a competition for the world's worst radio, all the other pants radios would go home crying to their mothers...

Crazy thieving fools...
  15. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

Here in the US, many of the states do not issue new registraton plates every year, but just give you a sticker that is placed in the corner of the old plate to indicate that the registration is current. Knew someone who came out one day and discovered that someone had taken tin snips and cut off the corner of the plate with the sticker on it.

My parents once had the front turn indicators stolen from their car (lenses, reflectors and bulbs, with wires neatly cut) while it was parked in their driveway.
  16. Nuke

Nuke Active Member

The strangest thing i had stolen was when i was in halls first year uni.
    I go to the toilet for two seconds and from my room was stolen the cable that connected my PS2 to the TV, Not the ps2 or TV just a cable.
    Bunch of *here follows words unsuitable for showing on this site*