Stolen Euphonium and Baritone!!!

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Brenden Wheeler, Sep 20, 2005.

1. Brenden Wheeler

Brenden Wheeler New Member

Hello all,

On sunday morning (between 6 and 8am) after the british open my car was broken into at the symphony hall carpark in birmingham. My Euphonium, both B&R uniforms, Katrina Marzella's Baritone, and a heap of personal belongings ranging from my aussie passport through to video cameras and mini disc recorders etc were stolen.....

We both realise that we will probably never see these items again however thought it would be no harm in trying to ask everyone to keep an eye out in case someone dodgy trys to sell you an instrument. Although we are covered by insurance my instrument and Kat's mouthpiece are both very old (1950's) and are not produced anymore so neither will get an instrument like that again. Because they are so old and unique however we might have more chance of finding them.....

My Euphonium is lacquered Besson New Standard.. medium bore bell and lead pipe (so your average euph mouthpiece won't fit) it has all the old besson markings on it and has an old 4AL mouthpiece which all was in a Black gig bag....
    Katrina's Baritone is a Lacquered 3valve Sovereign also in a black gig bag (a Bach) and her mouthpiece (which is most important) is the old original besson 7 which has been replated silver with a gold rim. her serial number is 955828698......

as i said before everything is covered by insurance and we can get everything else back.... it's just my euphonium and Katrina's mouthpiece which we really want back.... both are worth very little money wise to anyone...... just sentimental to us.......

If anyone sees or hears anything could you please get in contact with one of us on my mobile 07891700501
    or email either of us at...

oh and if you see some strange somebody walking around down town with a purple and gold brighouse uniform you might want to question where he/she got it from........ :)

Thanks very much in advance and any help would be much appreciated.....
    Brenden Wheeler
  2. Mofman

Mofman Member

Its bad news when a mouthpiece is stolen. I had my cornet (the bands) stolen a couple of years ago. Like you I missed my old mouthpiece that I had used from way back when. My brand new birthday gig bag was stolen too!

I phoned the local Cash Generator shops to make them aware. Nothing came of it though.

Hope you have better luck than me.
  3. Well Worth It

Well Worth It Active Member

Maybe that's Brighouse's way of sacking you mate!
    Just kidding. That's terrible.
    Good to see you at the weekend, shame we didn't catch a beer.
    Maybe next time.
  4. Heppy

Heppy Member

Sorry to hear about that dude. Someone trying to tell you something?!

What was Kats stuff doing in your car anyway? Are you two having a bit of a do or something?
  5. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Sorry to hear that, but check out EBAY you never know someone might try and sell them on that site
  6. Di

Di Active Member

Hi Brendan, really sorry to hear about this.

If you'd like follow this link and fill in the details and send them back to one of the team, we will see that these get put on the stolen instrument register.

Good luck!
  7. unlucky mate, hope you and katrina have some luck in gettin your stuff back!
  8. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

My word, that's just terrible... Really sorry to hear about that mate.
    Wish I could do something to help..... keep ya chin up.

Hope something gets found.... and these crooks get locked up so this kinda thing doesnt happen again.