Stocksbridge Band - Yorkshire/Championship 08 - Vacancies

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by ukdrummerboy, Jul 25, 2004.

1. ukdrummerboy

ukdrummerboy Member

Stocksbridge require cornet, flugel & perc.

Edit: see latest posts for current vacancies and contact details

Stocksbridge Band (championship section, Yorkshire) require...

Principle/Tutti Cornet,
    Flugel Horn,
    Percussionist,

Please contact Derek Renshaw (derekrenshaw@btconnect.com) or stocksbridgeband@aol.com

www.stocksbridgeband.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2007
  2. Belle

Belle New Member

MD required for Championship Section Brass Band

Stocksbridge Band is sad to announce that, due to various commitments, it's Musical Director, Derek Renshaw, is stepping down.

Derek has had a long and successful association with the band both as a player and most recently a conductor. Under Derek's baton, the band lifted the National Finals trophy and gained promotion to the Championship section in 2001. And last year Derek guided the band to our most recent Championship National Finals placing.

Both Derek and Stocksbridge Band are very sad to part company, and the band would like to thank Derek for his work over the last several years and wish him well in any future endeavours.

We would also like to extend our thanks to Mr Simon Wood who stepped in to take the band to Pontins and to Mr Billy Rushworth, who is conducting the band at it's forthcoming engagements.

We are now holding auditions for Musical Directors with ability and drive to develop a highly talented band with a view to consolidate and push forward our position within the Yorkshire Championship Section.

If you are interested in applying for the position of Musical Director, please e-mail stocksbridgeband@aol.com or visit www.stocksbridgeband.co.uk.

3. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Best of luck finding a new MD!

4. sunny_jimbob

sunny_jimbob Member

Cornets Required in Yorkshire

Stocksbridge Band (North of Sheffield) are looking for a Tutti Cornet player (Principal chair may be available the the right person) and a Soprano Cornet player to help us bounce straight back into the top section next year.

We're a friendly lot, currently in the Championship section, going down to the First from January, but have a strong band round the stand and should do well in next years Areas.

Fancy coming for a blow? Reply here or drop me a PM for further information!

5. sunny_jimbob

sunny_jimbob Member

After a highly successful AGM, we have a reshuffled forward looking committee, and two (count 'em, two!) CD recordings coming up.

But we still need a solo cornet player and a sop player to fill those pesky empty chairs!

6. sunny_jimbob

sunny_jimbob Member

Players Required - Yorkshire First Section

Stocksbridge Band, based to the North of Sheffield, are looking for the following players:

- Soprano Cornet

- Bb Cornets (Solo and Back Row)

- Euphonium

- Tenor Trombone

The sections are flexible, so would be able to shuffle seats to accomodate the right players. We rehearse Mondays and Thursdays 8-10 at St Anns Catholic Chruch Hall, Stocksbridge.

We're a friendly bunch, and would make anyone very welcome. Come down and have a rattle through The Wayfarer with us! Drop me a PM if you'd like any more information.

7. agentorange

agentorange Member

Really enjoyed depping for Stocksbridge over the last couple of months, I'd highly reccomend them to anyone considering a change of band. Great people all round.

regards,

8. sunny_jimbob

sunny_jimbob Member

Thanks for that Neil, and thanks for your help recently. Don't fancy playing for us again one weekend at the start of March do you... ;)

9. Hilary Mateer

Hilary Mateer Member

Hi Nick

Good luck finding new players but it might help if your website was a bit more up to date.

Are you going to advertise the band club at all this year?

It would be nice to know who was playing and when.

10. agentorange

agentorange Member

Ha Ha Ha - no.
    Like Isaiah 40 too much!:biggrin:

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Stocksbridge
    Stocksbridge Band
    Yorkshire
    Stocksbridge Band - Yorkshire
    Tutti Cornet
  12. clare_euph

clare_euph Member

Band club details will be announced in the next week or so....I'm sure that it will be posted on tMP very soon!!

13. clare_euph

clare_euph Member

Please see later posts for up to date vacancies.

Thank you. :)

Stocksbridge Band, 1st Section Yorkshire Area and Senior Trophy winners are looking to recruit a strong 2nd man down.

We are a foward-looking and friendly bunch with lots of talent around the stands as well as our very talented MD, David Nesbitt.

We're relishing the challenge of the National's at Harrogate in September before our return to the Championship Section in 2008.

The band rehearses on a Monday and Thursday evening 8-10 at St Anns Church Hall in Deepcar. If you fancy the challenge, or even just fancy coming over for a blow please PM me for more details or contact me on 07843013412.

Clare :)

14. harri_bari

harri_bari New Member

As an Update...

Stocksbridge have the following current vacancies:

Principle Cornet
    Tutti Cornet
    2nd Trombone
    BBb Bass
    Percussion

Please PM me or telephone me on 07944 395291 if you are interested in any of these positions.

Kind regards

Dave Keighley