Stocksbridge Band Club 2009

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by brassintheed, Jan 6, 2009.

1. sunny_jimbob

sunny_jimbob Member

Really looking forward to Sunday, it's always nice to welcome a new band!

As goes tMP members, I'll be sat at the front with babby_jimbob, as well as (probably) brassintheed, clare_euph and harribarri, and you'll probably find at least tubafran and Pythagoras lurking near the gents! There may also be others around...

Edit: Ooh, and evidently 08cbinns ;), and I'm lead to believe BrotherBone will be there as well!

2. nomperism

nomperism Member

I should be there aswell, probably hiding at the back so we can whistle along to the ones we know!

3. 08cbinns

08cbinns Member

Im afraid i will not be playing sunny_jimbob, as i am on a rugby tour.

4. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Oh - what you mean "lurking"?

Anyway not going this Sunday cos they aint got Born Free on the programme - what's the world coming to?;)

5. Scoobydoo

Scoobydoo Member

I'll probably be on the same table as sunny_jimbob, brassintheed, clare_euph and harribarri !!!

I bet they didn't even know that !!! ;)

6. sunny_jimbob

sunny_jimbob Member

Just in from another superb concert. I really enjoyed it, as did (a rather tired and overly vocal) babby_ jimbob! Nice to meet a few faces including johnflugel and towse1972, and catch up with BrotherBone and VenusTromster. Great stuff!

And you are both a sly devil, and a tease!

7. Scoobydoo

Scoobydoo Member

Didn't make it last night... I had been putting up new fence all day and have a cold (not man flu !) so I retired early...
    I'll see ya tonight at practice....
    Dave.

8. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

Couldn't go last night, hope it was a good concert. When's the prizes night Edward?

9. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Daniel it's Sunday 24th May 2009 - and on Stocksbridge website Deepcar are down to play this Sunday - not sure if there are any other bands playing after that date? Edward?

10. sunny_jimbob

sunny_jimbob Member

Deepcar are the last band before the prizes do.

11. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Cheers Nick - do you think they will be playing Born Free?:)

12. nomperism

nomperism Member

Unfortunately no we won't be playing born free. I personally love the piece!

I'm not sure if Gav will post the programme on here like what the rest of the bands do. It might spoil a suprise otherwise!

13. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Ooh now we're all going to have to come to find out what the surprise is :clap:. Couldnt he just put up the stuff that Deepcar are going to play but miss the surprise bit out.

14. nomperism

nomperism Member

I'm making it sound like its a good suprise aren't I! It's probably really rubbish on day! :tongue:

I will speak to him tonight and see if he will do it this week.

I'm quite looking forward to it. This year will be the first in 3 years when I haven't played a solo at band club with either Deepcar and Thurlstone. The relief of not being really nervous is amazing!

15. towse1972

towse1972 Active Member

Had a brilliant night. The audience were really friendly and welcoming and baby Jimbob seemed to like my solo (what a cutie he is!). Thanks for having us guys.
    Hope to see you again next year. Great venue too.

16. sunny_jimbob

sunny_jimbob Member

No problemo. I don't think they are, but maybe I'll try and whistle it or something at half time!

Oi! /indignant but trying not to give anything away!

Glad you enjoyed yourselves. It's always good to have new bands along, and we look forward to welcoming you back next year. :)

17. Number1euph

Number1euph Member

As said above Deepcar are on next weekend with out the aid of me as i will be flying away to a far far place.
    There will be plenty of surpises on offer and a great entertaining programme too. I am a bit miffed that i have to miss it.
    Hope you all enjoy next weeks concert.

James

PS - You better behave yourself Mr Stokes in my absence, i have my spys out there.

18. HaleStorm

HaleStorm Member

as james said - he will be far far away, which made the whole band sound a big sigh of relief and organise a massive party in his abscense

19. brassintheed

brassintheed Member

Sorry I've not been on here recently, I messed up my computer for a bit!!
    Anyway really enjoyed Milnrow. Very good band, and enjoyable programme. Some excellent soloists too.
    This week is the final concert in the main season - Deepcar band. Lots of regulars will be there I'm sure.
    Then it's 3 weeks off until the final 'final' concert! Stocksbridge Band. Where the prizes will be announced.

20. nomperism

nomperism Member

Deepcar are really looking forward to playing on sunday, as I said earlier this week we have a few suprises planned and hopefully a fun programme, well we all seem to be bopping along to some of the more energetic pieces anyway!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice