Stocksbridge Band Club 2009

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by brassintheed, Jan 6, 2009.

1. sunny_jimbob

sunny_jimbob Member

Really looking forward to Sunday, it's always nice to welcome a new band!

As goes tMP members, I'll be sat at the front with babby_jimbob, as well as (probably) brassintheed, clare_euph and harribarri, and you'll probably find at least tubafran and Pythagoras lurking near the gents! There may also be others around...

Edit: Ooh, and evidently 08cbinns ;), and I'm lead to believe BrotherBone will be there as well!

2. nomperism

nomperism Member

I should be there aswell, probably hiding at the back so we can whistle along to the ones we know!

3. 08cbinns

08cbinns Member

Im afraid i will not be playing sunny_jimbob, as i am on a rugby tour.

4. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Oh - what you mean "lurking"?

Anyway not going this Sunday cos they aint got Born Free on the programme - what's the world coming to?;)

5. Scoobydoo

Scoobydoo Member

I'll probably be on the same table as sunny_jimbob, brassintheed, clare_euph and harribarri !!!

I bet they didn't even know that !!! ;)

6. sunny_jimbob

sunny_jimbob Member

Just in from another superb concert. I really enjoyed it, as did (a rather tired and overly vocal) babby_ jimbob! Nice to meet a few faces including johnflugel and towse1972, and catch up with BrotherBone and VenusTromster. Great stuff!

And you are both a sly devil, and a tease!

7. Scoobydoo

Scoobydoo Member

Didn't make it last night... I had been putting up new fence all day and have a cold (not man flu !) so I retired early...
    I'll see ya tonight at practice....
    Dave.

8. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

Couldn't go last night, hope it was a good concert. When's the prizes night Edward?

9. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Daniel it's Sunday 24th May 2009 - and on Stocksbridge website Deepcar are down to play this Sunday - not sure if there are any other bands playing after that date? Edward?

10. sunny_jimbob

sunny_jimbob Member

Deepcar are the last band before the prizes do.

11. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Cheers Nick - do you think they will be playing Born Free?:)

12. nomperism

nomperism Member

Unfortunately no we won't be playing born free. I personally love the piece!

I'm not sure if Gav will post the programme on here like what the rest of the bands do. It might spoil a suprise otherwise!

13. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Ooh now we're all going to have to come to find out what the surprise is :clap:. Couldnt he just put up the stuff that Deepcar are going to play but miss the surprise bit out.

14. nomperism

nomperism Member

I'm making it sound like its a good suprise aren't I! It's probably really rubbish on day! :tongue:

I will speak to him tonight and see if he will do it this week.

I'm quite looking forward to it. This year will be the first in 3 years when I haven't played a solo at band club with either Deepcar and Thurlstone. The relief of not being really nervous is amazing!

15. towse1972

towse1972 Active Member

Had a brilliant night. The audience were really friendly and welcoming and baby Jimbob seemed to like my solo (what a cutie he is!). Thanks for having us guys.
    Hope to see you again next year. Great venue too.

16. sunny_jimbob

sunny_jimbob Member

No problemo. I don't think they are, but maybe I'll try and whistle it or something at half time!

Oi! /indignant but trying not to give anything away!

Glad you enjoyed yourselves. It's always good to have new bands along, and we look forward to welcoming you back next year. :)

17. Number1euph

Number1euph Member

As said above Deepcar are on next weekend with out the aid of me as i will be flying away to a far far place.
    There will be plenty of surpises on offer and a great entertaining programme too. I am a bit miffed that i have to miss it.
    Hope you all enjoy next weeks concert.

James

PS - You better behave yourself Mr Stokes in my absence, i have my spys out there.

18. HaleStorm

HaleStorm Member

as james said - he will be far far away, which made the whole band sound a big sigh of relief and organise a massive party in his abscense

19. brassintheed

brassintheed Member

Sorry I've not been on here recently, I messed up my computer for a bit!!
    Anyway really enjoyed Milnrow. Very good band, and enjoyable programme. Some excellent soloists too.
    This week is the final concert in the main season - Deepcar band. Lots of regulars will be there I'm sure.
    Then it's 3 weeks off until the final 'final' concert! Stocksbridge Band. Where the prizes will be announced.

20. nomperism

nomperism Member

Deepcar are really looking forward to playing on sunday, as I said earlier this week we have a few suprises planned and hopefully a fun programme, well we all seem to be bopping along to some of the more energetic pieces anyway!