Stocksbridge Band Club 2008

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by brassintheed, Jan 12, 2008.

1. brassintheed

brassintheed Member

Following a massively successful 2007 season, the Stocksbridge Band Club is returning to Niagara Conference and Leisure Centre in Sheffield for 2008.

If you're not familiar with the band club yet, entry is free. Yes... FREE! All we ask is that you push the boat out a little on the raffle and very popular 'key to the box' to help support the bands that give up their Sunday nights to provide you with such fantastic entertainment. You never know, you might even win something too!

First Concert - 27th January 2008

The opening concert will be given by last years Yorkshire Champions, and organisers of the band club, Stocksbridge Band under the baton of Mr David Nesbitt. Doors open at 7.30pm and the concert starts at 8pm.

Full details of all bands appearing will be posted on here very shortly.

Stocksbridge Band isn't sponsored, and can only keep the band club going by your support, so please come along and help make this the best season yet.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    FONT=Tahoma
    FONT=Tahoma).
    Niagara Conference
    Stocksbridge Band Club
  3. brassintheed

brassintheed Member

Appearing Bands

Stocksbridge Band Club 2008 - Appearing Bands

27 January - Stocksbridge Band

03 February - Langsett Danse Band

10 February - Deepcar Band

17 February - TBC

24 February - Killamarsh Band

02 March - No Concert - Yorkshire Area Contest

09 March - Thurlstone Band

16 March - Strata Brass

23 March No Concert - Easter Sunday

30 March - Rockingham Band

06 April - Dronfield Band

13 April - Chapeltown Band

20 April Stannington Band

27 April - Barnsley Building Society Band

04 May - No Concert - Bank Holiday

11 May - No Concert - Spring Festival Contest

18 May - Old Silkstone Band

25 May - No Concert - Bank Holiday

01 June - South Yorkshire Police Band

4. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

Enjoyed the concert last night Edward. Will be good to come to a few band club concerts this year in the audience or playing. Definitely recommend them to anybody round the Sheffield area.

5. brassintheed

brassintheed Member

Thanks Daniel, was good to see you there. We were really pleased with the full audience, especially with it being the first in the season. I just hope that it keeps growing as it has previously.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the season, the bands always really work hard to put on a good concert here.

Keep spreading the word. Be hard pressed find as good a band season with as good a venue and at as good a price (Free!! - well a raffle ticket anyway!!)

6. Robhibberd29

Robhibberd29 Active Member

I certainly hope it's full on the 24th Feb!!

7. brassintheed

brassintheed Member

Next band on is Langset Dance Band - I unfortunately missed this last year, but was told by loads of people how enjoyable it was. So I'm going to make sure I dont miss it this time - Sunday 3rd Feb

8. Robhibberd29

I've just emailed some guys from work to drum up extra support for my band on the 24th, think we'll need it!! :)

9. blasterbates

blasterbates Member

Too right - we at Thurlstone are already working on the programme for our concert (9th March - plug plug) - OK we haven't got the Area to work for (although most of the band are playing at Bradford with other bands), but the gig deserves the hard work. It's a great venue, with a receptive, friendly and knowledgeable audience, and certainly one of the highlights of our year.

10. brassintheed

brassintheed Member

Stop Press:
    Performing next week (17th Feb) will be the Stocksbridge Brass Band Ensemble.

The 10-piece ensemble from the band was formed for a local event last year and has since become very popular, performing at several concerts and other events including the Winter Gardens in Sheffield.

The music is all taken from the popular repertoire including hits such as Evergreen, Salamanca, Kalinka, Barbie and the inimitable Mr Jums. So this should be a really enjoyable evening.

Hope to see you all there tonight for Deepcar Band.

11. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Just an additional plug for KSB playing at Stocksbridge Band Club this Sunday and then there's a break for the Yorkshire Areas the following week. Really looking forward to playing and there are a few "interesting" items in the programme which should add to our "show".

If you've not been to the Band Club before, why not get along on the 24th?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2008
  12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    FONT=Tahoma
    FONT=Tahoma).
    Niagara Conference
    Stocksbridge Band Club
  13. Robhibberd29

I can see it being a very entertaining evening Franky

14. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

I'm especially looking forward to the comedy routine from the trombones ;)

15. Robhibberd29

By that of course you mean business as usual...you make it sound like we have something specific planned LOL! (If we do you better tell me quick)

16. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

Really enjoyed the concert last night (Stocksbridge 10 piece) and looking forward to playing next week.

17. brassintheed

brassintheed Member

Thanks Daniel, it was good fun actually.

Killamarsh were very entertaining last year, should be a good concert on Sunday. See you all there.

18. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Thanks for that Edward, we will be trying our best to do something a little different for Sunday's concert. We had our final programme run through last night and we will certainly be looking different (going for a Dronfield Band style uniform circa Killamarsh Entertainment Contest 2005) if you recall that you might even get a hint of what else we are including. Otherwise I'm sworn to secrecy and cannot possibly divulge anything else.

19. brassintheed

brassintheed Member

No Band Club on 2nd March due to the Yorkshire Regionals. Good luck to all the bands who have appeared in Stocksbridge Band Club over the years. There are 11 bands from this year's season appearing, covering every section from Championship to 4th. Hope you all have a great contest.

Band club will resume the week after on Sunday 9th March with Thurlstone band.

See you all there

20. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Just in case anyone's getting withdrawal symptons here's a couple of videos taken of KSB finale item Orpheus In The Underworld with our dancing girls:

Full item

Encore with giant party poppers

21. HaleStorm

HaleStorm Member

KSB certainly put on a good show, the dancing girls and the standy-uppy gubbins.....i just got to wear a sparkly cowboy hat for deepcar, Thurlstone sould be a good one (plug plug plug) we have something special lined up indeed

22. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Yep that's the future for brass banding - we are thinking of commissioning a test-piece for next year's Areas including dancing girls (or boys if you so desire) and standy-uppy gubbins.