Stockport Brass (ex BT Band) vacancies (NW champ section)

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by asteria, Mar 26, 2004.

1. asteria

asteria Member

Edit: for current vacancies and contact details, see most recent posts

The Championship section British Telecom Band in Stockport (near Manchester) is currently looking for a quality Eb Bass player to complete our line-up of players.

We're an ambitious and very friendly band (see the website at www.btband.co.uk) and if you're interested and want more details please send a pm or email to myself or Lauradoll. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2008
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    BT Band
    Stockport
    The Championship
    Manchester
    Stockport Brass
  3. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

Does this mean I might get the chance to dep for YOU for a change Helen? :shock:

4. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Lol you can even have a free lift to band seeing as we all live so close together!!!

5. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

BT - Eb

Hey there u :shock: ...so I take it you dont want me to dep this year then....my calender is filling up really quickly....ho hum

6. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

You know you'll always be number 1 choice man!!!

7. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

wahoooooo

:D well thank you Laura.....he he he

8. asteria

asteria Member

Just to point out to everyone that we're still looking for the right person to fill this vacancy! Please just send me a pm if you fancy finding out more....

9. asteria

asteria Member

Eb Bass & Soprano - BT Band, North-west

The British Telecom Band are looking for players to fill the position of

Eb Bass​

Soprano cornet

We are a championship band based in Stockport in the North-West, perfect for anyone living in the Manchester area. We are hardworking but friendly and we have some exciting jobs coming up.

If you want to find out more or fancy coming down to a rehearsal please send me a pm/email!

10. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Can I come back puh-leezzzzz!!
    I'll play Sop!

Join BT Band, they are a great bunch of people and a fantastic band! You know it makes sense!

11. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

I agree with Laura...B.T. are a great bunch , not bad MD....would be there like a shot if I lived in Manchestoh .

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    BT Band
    Stockport
    The Championship
    Manchester
    Stockport Brass
  13. asteria

asteria Member

Eb Bass & 2nd Baritone - BT Band, North-west

The British Telecom Band are currently inviting applications for the seats of Eb bass and 2nd baritone. We are a championship band based in Stockport (near Manchester) and we have some exciting jobs coming up.

Please email me to find out more and visit our website! :)

14. asteria

asteria Member

Percussionists wanted - BT Band, North West (champ section)

The British Telecom Band (Championship section) are looking for first class percussionists.

We are a friendly and enthusiastic bunch based in Stockport (in the North West, near Manchester) and we are looking for 2 percussionists to complete our otherwise full complement of players. The band recently won the test piece section at Butlins Contest and came 5th in the champ section at the North West areas, and we are currently hard at work preparing Masquerade for the Grand Shield contest.

For more information on the band see our website www.btband.co.uk, and if you're interested send me a pm/email or give me a ring on 07751 140 443.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2005
  15. asteria

asteria Member

Further to the previous post any interested parties can also contact conductor Mike Fowles on 07976 232 446 (thought I'd better check before posting his number!). All enquiries treated in strictest confidence.

16. asteria

asteria Member

Changes made to original post as due to a relocation to Norway (!) we are now looking for two percussionists.

P.S. Can any nice mods out there change the title of the thread to change the 'tuned percussionist' bit to just 'percussionists' please? :)

Last edited: Apr 11, 2005
  17. asteria

asteria Member

Vacancy - BT Band, North West

Vacancies on Assistant Principal Cornet and Percussion - see latest posts

Last edited: Aug 18, 2006
  18. asteria

asteria Member

Update to the previous message, we are still looking for percussionists, so if you fancy coming along to a rehearsal get in contact :)

We are also in the process of auditioning Eb Bass players, so if you're interested you'd better get in touch quick!

Ideal location for any manchester/salford based students - plus if you ask nicely you may even get a lift!

Edit: Eb bass position now filled

19. asteria

asteria Member

Where are all the percussionists?!

The BT Band (Championship section, North West) are currently looking for a Percussionist to complete our band - this is an outstanding vacancy that we really want to fill. We're more than willing to take on an 'up and coming' player who might not have played in the top section before, as long as you've got bags of enthusiasm! Rehearsal schedule is a little more flexible for percussionists (we often have brass-only rehearsals), and once-a-week rehearsals may be an option for the right person.

We have a quieter concert/contest schedule than a lot of top bands, so this could be your chance to experience Championship banding without the worry of concerts week in week out. We're very friendly and hard working, and we don't bite, so if you fancy coming along to a rehearsal, or just finding out a little more please get in contact!

We are based in Stockport, near Manchester (just off the M60) and we rehearse on Mondays and Thursdays, 8-10pm.

If you're interested in finding out more or coming down to a rehearsal send me an email to Helen@topbrass.co.uk, or call myself (07751 140 443) or MD Mike Fowles (07976 232 446).

20. asteria

asteria Member

Assistant Principal Cornet vacancy

The BT Band (Championship section, North West) are currently looking for an Assistant Principal Cornet as our current bumper-up (Gaz Wynne) leaves us to start his new career in the army.

We're a hard-working band with a lot of spirit, and if you fancy coming along to a rehearsal, or just finding out a little more please get in contact!

We are based in Stockport, near Manchester (just off the M60) and we rehearse on Mondays and Thursdays, 8-10pm.

If you're interested in finding out more or coming down to a rehearsal send me an pm or email (Helen@topbrass.co.uk), or call myself (07751 140 443) or MD Mike Fowles (07976 232 446).

21. LeDragon

LeDragon Active Member

I can honestly say that this band is brilliant - Great playing, great people, great conductor!

I've had four fantastic and very enjoyable years there and would never have left but for my imminent relocation.

Whoever it is that joins really will enjoy every aspect of banding with BT.

Gaz Wynne

22. asteria

asteria Member

Percussionists, where are you?

Just a quick update, we are still looking for a percussionist to complete our line-up.

If you might be interested please please get in touch and find out more (contact details above), all queries treated with strictest confidence.

Helen