Steve Freckleton, Bass Trombone and Chairman of Langley Band

Discussion in 'Obituaries - Unregistered visitors can post here' started by backrowbloke, Mar 6, 2004.

1. SBB

SBB Member

Very Sad to hear

Well Done Langley!

:cry:

2. Cantonian

Cantonian Active Member

Deepest sympathy from myself and all at Canton band.

3. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

I'm so sorry for your loss.
    Rebecca
    Barnton Silver Band

4. bassinthebathroom

bassinthebathroom Active Member

Our deepest sympathies and condolances to all at Langley at this most sad time from eveyone at EYMS band and the University of Salford Music Dept.
    I'm sure the victory must seem very hollow on top of such a tragedy.
    Our thoughts are, of course, with you.

5. BottyBurp

BottyBurp Member

To all the banding fraternity.

As the MD of Langley Band, may I thank you all for all your kind words. They may seem inconsequential to you and maybe of little significance, but to us they have been of comfort.

Steve's wife, Jude, has asked for no flowers except from immediate family. Jude has also indicated her desire that any donations should go to the band in order to purchase an instrument that we can have engraved and dedicated to Steve's memory.

To those of you that didn't know him, what a guy he was! Every band has got one - the guy that does everything. Gives people lifts, shifts percussion etc... He was the definitive bandsman's bandsman.

He was always supportive of me in everything I did, suggested or requested.

We've got a hard time ahead of us, but knowing we have your thoughts with us helps.

Once again, thank you to you all for your support in this sad time.

Cliff Parker
    MD - The Langley Band
    1st Section Area Champions 2004

6. manx_yessir

manx_yessir Member

I just want to echo what everyone else has said so far. All our thoughts are with Steve's family and friends at this very sad time.

7. hunting_high

hunting_high Member

Deepest sympathies from Norway to all concerned.

Frode Rydland
    soprano
    Eikanger-Bjørsvik

8. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Deepest sympathy from all at The BT Band.

9. andyp

andyp Active Member

Deepest sympathy from all at Eccleston Band.

10. drums4monty

drums4monty Member

I just want to pass on my and all at the Bearpark & Esh Colliery Band,
    sympathies and condolences to everyone involved with langley band and Steves friends and family.

11. kate_the_horn

kate_the_horn New Member

deepest sympathies, and all my love to everyone who knew him

kel xx

12. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

Deepest sympathy from everyone at Sellers International Band.. what a sad thing to happen on what should have been a day of celebrations for Langley Band. Keep your heads high and take the Nationals by storm! Good Luck x

13. Bob Thompson

Bob Thompson Member

Such sad news on what should have been a wonderful day, all our thoughts are with the family and the band. I hope you take the final.
    Rob

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Member

My deepest condolencies to steve's family and langley band, he was one of the nicest guys i've ever had the pleasure to meet.

Kris Davies
    WP Sovereign Brass

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Member

Tragic Time

Would just like to pass on my deepest sympathy to the family and friends of Steve. I was at the contest and it was a deep shock to hear of the sad news during the results. My heart goes out to Langley Band at this sad and tragic time.

Bearpark & Esh Colliery Band

16. NeilW

NeilW Member

The City of Oxford band have asked me to pass on their sympathy to the Steve's family and also to the Langley band, who will also, no doubt, miss him.

Neil.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Member

Our thoughts are with family and band colleagues. All at Tullis Russell, Scotland.

18. akwarose

akwarose Active Member

sincere condolences to steves family and friends. i am sure he will be missed by everyone who knew him, and our thoughts are with his family at ths sad time.

sam x