Steve Freckleton, Bass Trombone and Chairman of Langley Band

Discussion in 'Obituaries - Unregistered visitors can post here' started by backrowbloke, Mar 6, 2004.

1. TIMBONE

TIMBONE Active Member

with sadness

ju33les and myself were stunned when we heard this sad news, but not as stunned as the wife and family and fellow band members of a loyal musician, Steve. Please accept our heartfelt sympathy.

2. Kari Anson

Kari Anson Member

There are times when words simply aren't good enough.

Deepest sympathy.

Kari & Family

xxx

3. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

although i didnt meet the guy, he sounds like a top bloke, my sympathy goes out to all who know him, and on behalf of haydock brass band i send our condolences to all friends and family.
    it does however show us how unfair life can be, and that we should live each day to the max. these things cant be predicted

4. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

I was so shocked when I read this on 4barsrest yesterday, I offer my deepest condolences to all of Steve's family, members of Langley Band and all who knew him.

5. Brian Bowen

Brian Bowen Active Member

The Essence of Time
    “To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die…” (Ecclesiastes 3:1-2)

How could we ever contemplate the day of a band contest as being the time to die? Yet those of us who believe in God accept we cannot know God’s mind. But we may, however, take comfort in the thought that Steve has now won something far greater -- and eternal.

Loved-ones, friends and bands people will surely be shocked and saddened at this tragic loss. I didn't know Steve, but I offer my deepest sympathy to all who mourn.

As I write I happen to be listening to Elgar’s Prelude to The Dream of Gerontius which is playing on the BBC (from Liverpool Cathedral); it's influence is very affecting.

6. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Having just logged on to read of your tragic loss I wanted to add my condolences, and those of the Hadleigh Temple Band. We lost one of our members very unexpectedly just over a year ago, so know something of the shock and pain you must be feeling. May the memories of the past and hope for the future sustain you at this trying time,.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Member

It was a sad moment when I heard from my brother (Gary, back row of Langley) to hear of Steve's untimely departure. From what I have read this morning Steve was a true asset to the brass band community and will be sadly missed. My family's thoughts and the thoughts of our own band are with Steve's family and with the members of Langley Band.

It must in some way be a tribute to Steve's talents that Langley won the Midlands Area. Anybody who knows the Coventry Variations test piece will realise that the bass trombone part significantly contributed towards a winning performance. Congratulations to you all and good luck at the finals.

Kevin, Theresa and baby Hannah Jones
    Euphonium, Haverhill Silver Band
    Suffolk

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Member

Steve Freckleton

May I offer my personal condolences to the family of Mr Freckleton and the langley band.

"RESURGAM"

Stephen Tighe

9. JANUARYMAN

JANUARYMAN Member

I was shocked and saddened to read about this. Everyones thoughts are with Steve's family and friends and all at Langley Band.

Dave Horan
    Hepworth Band

10. Di B

Di B Member

I think there is little to be said that hasn't already been said. Please pass on my sincere condolences.

I believe he was a true bandsman through and through, doing lots on behalf of the band, so in that respect, if it had to happen at all that day, I am glad his last memories were playing and being surrounded by his friends from the band in the pub.

All the best

11. weuphl

weuphl Member

May I add our condolences.

William Lauder
    Scottish Co-op Band

12. twigglet

twigglet Member

Would like to echo everybody elses sentiments. It really is terrible news and as is clear here, everyone is thinking of the family and friends of Steve.

Elin Twigge, Wem Jubilee Band x

13. Jo Elson

Jo Elson Member

I'd also like to repeat what has already been said.
    Deepest sympathies
    Jo Elson

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Member

Steve and Langley Band

What a very sad and tragic thing to happen.

May we send our condolences to Langley Band and Steve's family and friends

From all at Raunds Temperance Band

15. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

On behalf of Fulham and Croydon Brass Bands I'd like to extend my condolences and deepest sympathies to Steve's family and friends, and the Langley Band he was clearly such an enthusiastic member of.

16. markhall

markhall New Member

On behalf of the KM Meday band, may I echo the thoughts of others and give my deepest condolences to the family and friends of Steve. Rest assured that you will be in our thoughts and prayers.

17. johnflugel

johnflugel Active Member

Words cannot express how much people feel for the family, friends and fellow bandsmen. It was fitting that the band were winners and fabulous that you dedicate your success to him. He would be thrilled I am sure.

All love, thoughts and prayers for you.

John

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Member

steve

all are thoughts go out to the family and friends of steve you will be sadly missed from all at arnfield brass

19. bagpuss

bagpuss Active Member

Deepest condolences to family and friends on their sad loss.

20. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

May i take this opportunity, on behalf of all at Cottingham Band to express our deepest regret, and sympathy to the family, Friends and all the members of Langley Band for their tragic loss.

It is always sad to lose a fellow bandsman.

Our condolences go to all who knew Steve.