Stardust

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Hornic, Oct 5, 2004.

1. Hornic

Hornic Member

Does anyone know of an arrangement of Stardust (Tenor Horn solo) that is for full band and not just 10 piece? I have played it in the past but i don't know if it was published.

Cheers

2. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

Try the Jimmy Howe arrangement - not everybody's cup of tea but I quite like it.

3. TIMBONE

TIMBONE Active Member

Lynchie played a good arrangement with Flixton. It's a 'lofty' trombone solo, (which Lynchie played very well), so I'm sure transposition for horn would be fine.

4. HBB

HBB Active Member

yes, the trombone version is great! I love the harmonies! He almost put Don Lusher to shame!

5. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

yup, the trombone solo comes with a 1st trombone part as well as the solo part anyway, so i can't see why you couldn't just move it around the band to the solo horn. The accompaniment is very simple, so I can't see you'd lose anything.

ps. Cheers Tim!

6. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

There's one that's been recorded by Howard Snell Brass, and is an arrangement by John Iveson, originally for the PJBE. Although strictly speaking a French Horn solo it works just as well on tenor horn.

Chester Music publish it in their Just Brass 'Lollipops' series. I THINK (he says cautiously) this may be the one you're after. Justmusicuk list it.