Star Trek

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Pythagoras, Jul 1, 2004.

Favourite Star Trek

1. Original Series

2. Next Generation

3. DS9

4. Voyager

5. Enterprise

0 vote(s)
  1. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

Noticed in the thread about books that there were a lot of sci-fi fans on here, so I thought I'd do a star trek poll. Which series did you like best?

My vote goes to DS9 particularly for the last couple of seasons and the whole Dominion War storyline.

Also like Next Gen and Voyager. Haven't really got into Enterprise, think its that awful tune that puts me off.
  2. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Original was good, but a bit cheesy in places. Next Gen was the best for me as the majority of the storylines were more complex and the there was more in the character development department (i.e. it wasn't largely based around the captain and a Vulcan). It all got a bit contrived after that, for me. But each to their own.

And I think Chris Wormald's arrangement of TNG for brass band is excellent!
  3. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Had to go for the original, having been a fan - but not a fanatic :shock: - ever since it took over Doctor Who's slot on that first Saturday teatime.

I must also confess that I've never really got into the later series, although I did like Enterprise, usually taping it in the night and watching it before going to work in the morning.
  4. Well Worth It

Well Worth It Active Member

Dianna LeTroy sways it for me! mm mmmm :p
  5. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

has to be voyager, nad 7 of 9 for me :p
  6. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

Voyager all the way. Even B'Elanna ain't bad either!
  7. Majoresteve

Majoresteve Member

Enterprise all the way!! it is totally the best!!

8. NeilW

NeilW Member

How many of the (later) STs will still be being shown (and watched) ~30 years on? Mind you the plot line was as consistent as the A-Team's...

Mind you the DS9 meets ST episode is still one of my favourites - very clever editing! (Tribbles :D )

Whilst I quite like Enterprise, I still keep expecting Archer (how could they have nearly called him Jeffrey :oops: ) to "leap" - or did I just watch too many Quantum Leaps?

9. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

voyager i think

p.s. ive only seen em coz my dad watches em all the time and i dont get a say in wot we wotch
  10. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

hoping that each warp jump will bring him one step closer to home?

But if you'r going to hold Quantum LEap against him, then that means you expected him to leap while helping Kevin Kline build his house in My Life As a House, or many other inconvenient times!
  11. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Aaaaarrrggghhh too many trekkies in one place…. Must get out…..

Ps. My favourite was the original, simply for that one where they went to earth and spock did a Vulcan death grip on some dude on a bus…
  12. EIBB_Ray

EIBB_Ray Member

where's the none of the above option?

Asking this was a little like asking which do you prefer:

a hot poker through your eye
    a hot poker in your ear
    a hot poker through you hand.......
  13. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

Hmmm...I can't remember ever watching Star Trek...have I missed out on much?!! Or does the above post answer my question?!
  14. bruceg

bruceg Active Member

That was in one of the films (Star Trek 4: The Voyage Home, I think). It's also where Spock dabbled in swearing. Lot's of good tongue in cheek humour in that one :D

As for the series... Voyager, DS9, Enterprise, TNG then the original for me ;)
  15. bruceg

bruceg Active Member

There's no obligation to vote... ;)
  16. mad_female

mad_female Member

I LOVE the next generation and so does Bagpuss.....had a small "Crushette" on Wesley Crusher and Riker when I was younger too.....(Showing my age now :oops: )

17. akwarose

akwarose Active Member

I always wanted a tribble!!!! YAY TRIBBLES!!!
    i dont care, all the series are good........... :roll:

i cannot believe i'm admittin to watching this....
  18. Bluebottle

Bluebottle Member

i think i may have done too.....o dear! and the guy in voyager wasnt bad either! paris? whatwas his name?!

:oops: :roll:
  19. EIBB_Ray

EIBB_Ray Member

ahhh but there is..... I'm American, it's my duty to foist my opinion on others. I'd be in danger of loosing my citizenship otherwise. :wink: :wink:
  20. Well Worth It

Well Worth It Active Member

That's not fair though Ray. :wink:
    As I am English, it's my duty to listen to what you have to say, make your opinions fit in with my own ideals, welcome you to my country (without imprisoning you first), find you a job (or benefits so you can sit on your fanny [US meaning] and do nothing), give you a house and clear all the English children out of your local school so you can educate your family for free. Then pay for their meals, books and other equipment.
    Hell, I'll even give you the power to vote your own people into government.
    How's that for hospitality?

And get ripped off by my bank on the regular.
    AND get lied to by the bloody snobby-arsed bank woman....on the regular.

Now where's that shrink's couch?
    I need a lie-down.