Star Trek Online

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Andy_Euph, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

I'll get absolutely clattered for putting this up but I'm a bit of a shameless trekkie. There is a new online game come out and just wondering if anyone has it or played it and if its any good....its like a world or warcraft type thing (apparently)

All the reviews online say its naff so just looking for opinions before I shell out 40 quid on it!

P.S. No major mocking please :biggrin:
  2. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

I just uninstalled it yesterday (before the first paid for month has run out)...

At first it's quite exciting to be actually in the Star Trek Universe, but the gameplay is pretty dull, and your choice of "class" only really affects ground missions, which (early on anyway) make up a very very small part of gameplay. Nearly every mission is the same, and some of them take a long time to do - I was looking for something I could "dip into" for 15-20 mins at a time, but stuff takes a bit more time than that. Definitely not my top MMO (and believe me, I've tried a few)! I'm hoping that Star Wars turns out better than STO when it comes out.

Hope this helps!