Stannington Brass Band

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by hannah longden, Jun 2, 2005.

1. Hi Just wondered if there was anyone on here from stannington brass band as i'm trying go have a blow with all the bands in my area over the summer for a bit of experience and to see how different bands work. It would be much appreciated if you could just stick me a post down here to let me know who i need to ask!
    Thanks han x
  2. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

timbloke plays for stannington as do a couple of other members I suggest you send him a PM :tup

3. and me!!!!

....and Griffin as well!!!
  4. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Which bands are you intending to visit?? Just out of interest of course!

By the way I don't play for Stannington, but I used to live in Crookes (until last week) and am friends with the aforementioned timbloke and i'm not a manc.
  5. Griffin

Griffin Active Member

Yeah me too!

Always welcome people for a blow...

You don't know a second Trombone who does too do you??

PS. Sorry Chris, didnt realise it was you! Always thought "I am not a manc" as a witty name!

PPS we practice Sunday & Thursdays... 19:30 till 21:30
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2005
  6. geordiecolin

Well we all know that Chris is a manc despite his vehement protests....
  7. timbloke

timbloke Member

I do indeed play for stannington. And as griffin said, all are welcome for a blow. We've got a concert in a couple of weeks and would appreciate an extra cornet and a trombone. not sure what you play, but get in touch.
  8. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Tim she plays euphonium with Tapton School

Did you get my text about BBQ?
  9. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

BBQ??? :D Can you txt me too??
  10. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

OK your on the reserve list as Timbloke and Yorkshirepudding have been a little slow in replying.

Hope it's not because Killamarsh came one above Rivelin on the only head to head at Whit Fridays. Oh by the way Killamarsh don't contest - well not at the moment, beating Timbloke and I'm not a manc might just have set the ball rolling for a justifiable return to the field.
  11. Good word mate, but I'm not!!! Stockport's a whole 3 ish miles away!
  12. Yes i live in crookes! Err so far visiting killamarsh who have invited me for a blow which is lovely. Looking forwarding to plenty of banding this summer!
  13. timbloke

timbloke Member

Of course there are a number of ex-Tapton school players at Stocksbridge now. visit their website and contact Isobel (i think a former Tapton player). It may be a bit of a giant leap but I'm sure the experience would be worth it, even if it just sitting in on a rehearsal.
  14. Yes thanks for that. I think i've already got that one sorted out!There are a few ex-tapton players in stocksbridge. Isobel came back to help us out a few months ago for a concert.
  15. geordiecolin

Heheh Crookes rocks, I used to work in Crookes Co-Op on a Tuesday evening.

I'm sure that a pleasant band in South Barnsley would also welcome your attendance at a rehearsal.... Check them out at

I'm glad you appreciated my vocabularly Chris!

Francis - How was the BBQ mate? Hope there weren't any Killamarsh/Rivelin bust-ups!! :D [/stir]
  16. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Colin - have given Hannah a full list of all the bands in South Yorkshire - inc BBSBB and let her know who's looking for euph players.

Reference the BBQ it was excellent save that 2 seconds after I lit the barbie (not Maria) it started to rain - England and BBQs hey. Tried to text 2ndmandown (see above) but as he hasn't given my his phone number couldn't get hold of him to invite him along;) - shame plenty of lovely grub left to eat.