Stannington Brass Band vacancy

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by timbloke, Nov 20, 2003.

1. timbloke

timbloke Member

Stannington Band (Sheffield) - First Section

Edit: Current vacancies and contact details at the end of the thread

We need a Principal Euphonium player and an experienced Percussionist .

Stannington Band is a decent 1st section band based in Sheffield. We came third at the areas recently and will be in the top position in the 1st Section next year, meaning another good result will guarantee promotion to the Championship Section.

If you are interested, or know someone who may be interested, visit the website www.stanningtonbrassband.org.uk or PM me for contact info.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2009
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Eb Bass
    FONT=Arial
    Stannington Brass Band
    2nd Euphonium
    FONT
  3. timbloke

timbloke Member

Musical Director - 1st Section, Sheffield

Stannington Brass Band are looking for an enthusiastic and committed Musical Director. We are a 1st section band based in Sheffield and have a varied engagement programme and contest schedule.

Anyone interested or wanting more information should either PM me or visit the www.stanningtonbrassband.org.uk and see the contacts page on ways of contact the band.

We will also soon be looking for a second Euphonium and Percussionist to fill vacancies when two of our players move away through work/study. If you may be interested, contact as above.

4. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Best of luck finding your new MD Tim!!

5. timbloke

timbloke Member

Quality 2nd Trombone needed - 1st Section, Sheffield

I still need a friend!!

The only thing I was told about my performance on Saturday was that I now need to find a second trombone. Unfortunately the temporary player we drafted in for the area cannot commit beyond that contest, so if you would like to come and join in the fun as we build upon 3 solid contest results under Robin, please get in touch.

Stannington band is a very sociable and lively bunch wit a good attitude to pushing the band onwards and hopefully upwards. Our MD, Robin Morgan, joined in August 2004 and had good results in the first two contest we since then (2nd & 3rd). The band is a full and committed band and can boast having three full time percussionists plus numerous spare, non-contesting players.

We rehearse every Sun and Thurs in Malin Bridge, near Hillsborough.

For more info, PM me, Griffin or visit the website at www.stanningtonbrassband.org.uk

I look forward to meeting you!

6. Griffin

Griffin Active Member

So do I ;-)

7. timbloke

timbloke Member

updated - vacancy now back open.

8. Dianamite

Dianamite Member

Could I just play the 2nd t-bone parts on my baritone? :)

I could miss a lot of notes, and play out of tune....and no one would notice the difference..... he he heeeeee!

9. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

no-one wants to sit next to you tim, because you SMELL!! ;)

10. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Now, now...I'd like to come to Tim's defence,

but I can't it's all true ;)

11. timbloke

timbloke Member

BBb Bass Found

Last edited: Jun 14, 2006
  12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Eb Bass
    FONT=Arial
    Stannington Brass Band
    2nd Euphonium
    FONT
  13. timbloke

timbloke Member

Percussionist added

Last edited: Jun 14, 2006
  14. kierendinno

kierendinno Member

hi i currently play solo bari with dinnington, would be very interested in coming for a blow.

i live in worksop so sheffield is very handy.

mob:07928042732
    email:brwneyedboi@hotmail.com

15. bassmittens

bassmittens Member

Percussion vacancy

Euphonium position has now been filled, thanks for all those who responded.

All new players are always welcome, however there is still a specific vacancy for a percussion player - we do have a good range of concerts, contests and hopefully a trip abroad lined up within the next 12 months.

Please contact us via www.stanningtonbrassband.org.uk or PM one of us!

Thanks for looking!

16. MD required for 1st Section Stannington Brass Band - Sheffield

Stannington Brass Band, a 1st section band based in Sheffield require a new Musical Director who is dedicated and able to help the band maintain its position at the top of the 1st section in 2007.

The position has come about as our former Musical Director has taken up a the position of MD at Yorkshire Imps. Stannington has a good band room atmosphere and a varied engagement and contest schedule.

Contact details:
    Further information about the band can be found on our web site www.stanningtonbrassband.org.uk. Apply in confidence to the bands Secretary Christine Wilson on 0114 2306393 or via the bands e-mail address.

17. Solo Trombone Player required

Stannington Brass Band (1st section)based in Sheffield require a Solo Trombone player due to our present player leaving due to needing a break because of time to gain his qualifications for work. The band have a varied concert and contest schedule. We rehearse on a Thursday and Sunday evening from 7.30pm - 9.30pm.
    Further information about the band can be found on our web-site which is stanningtonbrassband.org.uk.
    Please contact us via our web site or by contacting the bands secretary Christine Wilson on 0114 2306393.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

18. timbloke

timbloke Member

Alternatively PM me (solo trombone player in question) directly. I'll tell you what I really think of the band ;)

Actually, it has been a really difficult decision to take a break from banding for a while in order to concentrate on my career, and I am sincerely going to miss playing with Stannington. I assure anyone interested in the position that they will have a warm welcome and a bright future with the band who are on top form at the moment.

19. Actually could people if they are interested in the position contact myself please. We would love to hear from you and as you can see Tim has had a hard decision to make on leaving the band due to work. - Chris Wilson 0114 2306393 or via the bands e-mail address

20. Stannington Band in Sheffield, Yorkshire 1st Section, require:

We currently have the following vacancies, but we would always welcome any player that wishes to come along for a blow.

• Euphonium player (2nd available)

• Bb Bass position

• Percussion players (kit/tuned)

• Solo Trombone

• Eb Bass

Stannington Brass Band are a fun loving and ambitious 1st Section band based in Sheffield. We are on the main tram route in Sheffield making travel to us very easy!

We rehearse in a working men’s club on a Thursday and Sunday evening from 7.30 to 9.30 pm - beer is readily available after rehearsals and cheap too!!

If you are interested in joining, you just want to come along for a blow or even just join us for a drink! Please feel free to reply, PM me, contact us via our website www.stanningtonbrassband.org.uk or call our band Secretary - Christine Wilson on 0114 230 6393.

There are a number of regular Tmp users who would also be happy to receive your message: bassmittens, squirrel, cookie2 to name but a few!

We look forward to seeing you!

21. Eb Bass position filled

Thanks to everyone who has shown an interest so far.

I'm pleased to say that we have now filled the Eb Bass seat :clap: however we still currently have the vacancies shown below.
    • Euphonium player (2nd)
    • Bb Bass position
    • Percussion players (kit/tuned)
    • Solo Trombone
    Come on - you know you want to!

Regards

SBB

22. Stannington Brass Band - 1 vacancy now filled but others still available

Thanks to everyone who has shown an interest so far we now have filled one of our percussion vacancies and could possibly have filled the position of solo trombone as well.

I'm pleased to say that we have now filled the Eb Bass seat :clap: however we still currently have the vacancies shown below.
    • Euphonium player (2nd)
    • Bb Bass position
    • Percussion player either (kit/tuned)
    • Solo Trombone
    Come on - you know you want to!

Regards

SBB