Stand banners

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Leyfy, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

Does anyone know where we can get stand banners from for school? I've tried the internet but its not being very helpful!

They've recently changed the school logo and so we have to change all the stand banners too but its been such a long time since the old ones were bought no on in school remembers where we got them from!
  2. Texus

Texus Member

Tor designs + Roger Handley are excellent quality but expensive. Probably best to have a search for local print companies.
  3. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Our last banners were made by someone handy with a sewing machine - we had a jacquade done for the printing, which was then embroided on to pre-cut pieces of material. Added silver brochade (sp?), piece of wooden dowel across top and velcro tabs to fasten on to music stands.

Cheap but look professional.
  4. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

hmmm..... maybe if I speak nicely to the technology department....!?!?

Good idea!
  5. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

I'd strongly recommend TOR Design in Leeds their website and contact info is here, they may be slightly expensive but you get what you pay for, the quality is excellent, and the service top notch. They made our banners (which are superb) and recently replicated a dress jacket of ours perfectly, and they didn't make the originals.
  6. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

TOR Designs made our school band/orchestra banners. They are excellent quality and although expensive, even our kids can't cause too much damage to them. They are made from really good quality materials and should last and last.
  7. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

Thats excellent, thanks. I will pass them onto my head of department (or 'teaching and learning co-ordinator' :rolleyes: ) and see what she says.
  8. Lewis Chris

Lewis Chris Member

I think I have a brochure/leaflet for them Kim, will try and find it and bring it to band tonight.
  9. sheilawinter

sheilawinter Member

My name is Sheila Coates i make stand banners
    you send me the design i do the exact design if you want or take a digital photo of any design you want and i can dothe exact design you want and i'm cheap in comparison as i do it as a hobby not a job
    my email is sheilawinter@talktalk if you want any more info