Stand Banners

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by satchmo shaz, Feb 22, 2006.

1. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

Hi we have recently bought new stand banners and we obtained quotes from the usual sorces and were quoted around 45-48 quid each!
    We have been given permission to use the Long Eaton coat of arms so the embroidery is complex and expensive. I then got a quote from a local guy who managed to get em embroidered for £22 each plus VAT and the quality is absolutely brilliant!
    If anyone wants more details feel free to contact me;)

2. Steve

Steve Active Member

For those willing to do a little research you will find that the well known brass band uniform and banner supplier is easily undercut. I find it hard to believe bands still use the company when there are almost always better and more cost efficient alternatives.

3. satchmo shaz

yep we found one more local but that still was very expensive, this company is less than half the cheapest quote we had originally with the most expensive at 48 quid each plus VAT plus a charge for seeting up the embroidery and postage extra, this local guy delivered them to my door and didnt charge, they only took 3 weeks too!!

4. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

I've been looking for a better deal for banners for my Fanfare Trumpets - could you either publish contact details here or pm me?

cheers

5. satchmo shaz